Easiest way to create playlists from music already on the clip?

Alright guys, I feel like I am pretty up-to-speed on all the techno stuff.  I read my fair share of forums and blogs.  I am ending a long span of Ipod use and just started with the clip and my Fuze should be here tomorrow.  I love the clip, it’s everything I had hoped for except one thing…playlists.  On the Ipod I would use Itunes to create playlists for music already on my Ipod, if I use WMP 11 to create the playlist it will add another copy of every song onto my clip.  I have read many many threads on many work arounds for this problem but they all seem time consuming and requiring multiple peices of software.  My question is, is there a drap&drop solution that will allow me to make new playlists without always adding another copy of the song?  My wife needs to be able to do it in under 5 mins and on her first try.  If it takes her two attempts to make the playlist I know she will give up :slight_smile:

I believe the easiest way to make playlists with the music already on your Clip is to select which songs you want with your mouse, then right click on them, and select “Create Playlist.”  Name your playlist and then double-click on it to open the playlist editor.  You can then drag and drop more songs into the playlist and move them up and down in whichever order you wish.

Hope that answers your question.

All the best,

Brad

I just found out how to do it if:

-Using Windows Media Player (10, 11, its the same)

-USB Mode in Mass Storage Class (MSC)

1.- Conect your Clip to your computer…

2.- Select all the songs you want in the playlist (or open wmp and then add the songs to “now playing”)

3.- Under FILE click in “Save Now Playing List As…”

4.- Give it a name and go to your Music folder in the clip and save it there… directly! (this is the most important step) and save it as M3U! (also important)

Done!.. you should be able to listen to the songs directly on the playlist you just made on the clip…

PERFECT!  Thank you.  The WMP solution worked also, but I found the ‘right click’ to be easier.

Thanks guys.

Good to hear.  Glad I could help.
Message Edited by HulkSmashNow on 09-14-2008 10:44 PM

@buc wrote:

I just found out how to do it if:

-Using Windows Media Player (10, 11, its the same)

-USB Mode in Mass Storage Class (MSC)

1.- Conect your Clip to your computer…

2.- Select all the songs you want in the playlist (or open wmp and then add the songs to “now playing”)

3.- Under FILE click in “Save Now Playing List As…”

4.- Give it a name and go to your Music folder in the clip and save it there… directly! (this is the most important step) and save it as M3U! (also important)

Done!.. you should be able to listen to the songs directly on the playlist you just made on the clip…

FYI, for those who prefer Winamp in MSC mode, the same process works in Winamp.  Just use Windows Explorer to drag files from the Clip into Winamp’s playlist editor.  Once you have the playlist arranged the way you like, save it back to the player.  I recommend saving it in the MUSIC folder.