Hi folks,I have a sansa e280 8gb ,I recently had the brilliant idea of upgrading the firmware,all went well until my geriatric pc shut down in the middle of said upgrade.sansa will start,but the "FIRMWARE UPGRADE IN PROGRESS"comes up and stays up.I can access the sansa through the pc,but am unable to get the menu or anything through the sansa,is there a fix or do i have a shiny bit of scrap metal? I have mailed support ,but they are a bit slow to reply,I am hoping one of you boffins can help
Try resetting :
- Press and hold the Power/Menu button for approximately 20 seconds.
- Release the Power/Menu button.
- Press the Power/Menu button again to turn on the player.
NOTE: Resetting will turn the player off while it is frozen.
Once the mp3 player turns OFF, enable force MSC so that you can reload the firmware manually (if ever the firmware did not successfully download).
Force MSC :
- Turn device OFF.
- Slide the hold switch to the direction of the headphone jack so an orange color would show putting the device on Hold.
- Press and hold the ( |<< ) button while connecting the device to the PC.
Get your firmware file plus the instruction on how to load it here: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=e200&thread.id=13548
Hope this helps. :wink: