Downloading Music to Sansa Fuze 4gb Help!!!

I bought two different 4g Sansa Fuze’s for my two children and they have been sitting on the counter since Christmas because of the problems I am about to describe.  I have Windows Vista Home premium (64 bit) with many songs already present in Windows media player.  My big problem is that every time I sync (download) music to either Sansa player it always double downloads.  So whether I use Windows Media player or drag/drop out of windows explorer, I always get the song twice on the player!!.  I have downloaded the latest firmware to no help.  Also, when I go back to the player and delete one of them, neither of them end up working.

Can someone please offer me some solutions?

Thanks

are you switching modes when you go from syncing your music to drag’n drop?. Like going from MTP to MSC mode?. I never use the syncing method personally…too lazy. Someone else could better help you with the syncing part.

I only tried dragging and dropping once.  Most of the time I used Windows Media Player.  Both times I had the same problem. I’m not sure how to switch modes as you say.

You use MTP mode when your syncing your music between eg: Windows Media and your player. You use MSC mode when you want to drag’n drop as this setting treats your player’s internal memory as a ‘hard drive’ if you will. You can’t mix the 2 settings as this will confuse both Windows Media and your player and will not work at all if your using DRM’ed music…(music that you purchase through an online music store like Napster etc.).

The setting to switch the 2 modes can be found under the SETTINGS menu. SETTINGS>SYSTEM SETTINGS>USB MODE

Hope this helps.

Edit: I should clarify this more. You use MTP mode for SYNCING your music between computer eg:Windows Media and player and with DRM’ed music (MUST). You use MSC mode for drag’n drop.

Message Edited by oobergeek on 04-12-2009 02:15 PM

Message Edited by oobergeek on 04-12-2009 02:31 PM

Ok,

I got my son’s Sansa Fuse to work just fine.  Everything Syncs from Windows Media player without a problem.  The setting for SETTINGS>SYSTEM SETTINGS>USB MODE is on “Auto” for his player.

Now my daughters must have been the one with the problem.  Hers was set on “Auto” as well.  I will switch it MTP mode and see what happens.  I 'll get back to you. Thanks

@boosydds wrote:

Ok,

I got my son’s Sansa Fuse to work just fine.  Everything Syncs from Windows Media player without a problem.  The setting for SETTINGS>SYSTEM SETTINGS>USB MODE is on “Auto” for his player.

Now my daughters must have been the one with the problem.  Hers was set on “Auto” as well.  I will switch it MTP mode and see what happens.  I 'll get back to you. Thanks

just FYI I’ve heard info about people having trouble when the USB MODE is set to AUTO…?. Auto meaning autodetect. It can be buggy at times?. Hopefully you won’t have any problems. If it was my player and I was syncing all the time I would set it to MTP mode and just leave it there. Glad to help.

I have set my daughters to MTP mode and I will leave it there since we will be synching only with WMP.  When I did this everything worked great.  I really appreciate the help as this was a tremendous burden to us that had been going on for months.  Thanks again and Happy Easter!!

Glad to help anytime!. Happy Easter to you too. 

Easter from the secular point of view? :wink: