Docking stations

When will a decent docking station with speakers and clock be available for us non-Ipod users?  Please offer more accessories with the Fuze.  Now, I’m sorry I purchased it over IPod.

There is a timex one that seems to be pretty popular, you can find it on amazon. Also anything that has the proprietary connection that sansa uses will work. So check on products that say they work with the e200 or any other player except slotmusic and clip.

Apple doesn’t make anything like that for the iPod. Other companies do, and most of them don’t see a reason (profit) to do that for Sandisk’s players.

Sorry to say, but you mostly have yourself to blame. You should have done more research before buying if accessories were such a high priority.

I understand that IPod doesn’t make their accessories, but aleast they have worked with outside venders that support their product.  Sansa failed to do this for their customers.

@tinkir wrote:
When will a decent docking station with speakers and clock be available for us non-Ipod users?  Please offer more accessories with the Fuze.  Now, I’m sorry I purchased it over IPod.

Here’s your solution…:smiley:

A. a wallcharger

B. a 3.5-RCA jack patch cable

C. a watch. 

I think the total for all these could be less than $30, and hooking a Fuze up to a real stereo with a patch cable sounds much better than any of those “mini” ones that I have heard. My boss has an iPod dock with speakers in the office at work, and it doesn’t sound any different than my alarm clock(a Timex with a 3.5 aux-in jack).And my clock sounds terrible…tiny little midrange-only speakers, stereo though they may be. I only hook my Fuze or Clip to it to listen to podcasts. Oh, and the clock was free…I didn’t buy it. :wink:

And add that $30 cost to the price of a Fuze, and you might have enough for an iPod…but no accessories:stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.amazon.com/Altec-Lansing-inMotion-iM413-Sansa/dp/B000XPG2YK/ref=sr\_1\_44?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1231356786&sr=1-44

http://www.amazon.com/Clock-Radio-w-Sansa-Dock/dp/B001EK95TM/ref=pd\_cp\_e\_1?pf\_rd\_p=413863501&pf\_rd\_s=center-41&pf\_rd\_t=201&pf\_rd\_i=B000XPG2YK&pf\_rd\_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf\_rd\_r=1XNVE3Q9F18MGXNNKPAN

I found these by just doing a search at Amazon. Maybe if you Googled it you’d find more.  

Sony has several alarm clocks that allow you to connect any MP3 player to them.

I use this Sony alarm clock with my Sansa Fuze:  http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665089210

It has a built-in cable (tucks away on the underside of the clock) that I can plug into the Sansa Fuze headphone jack.  Speakers sound very good.  Not as good as a Bose, but as good as your average speaker system.

Only downside is the brightness of the LCD screen.  It has 3 settings Low\Med\High, but not off (there is a separate illumination light that you can turn off, but not the LCD screen light), so in a dark room even the low setting lights up the room so I have to cover up the LCD screen when I go to sleep.  If you plan to use it in your bedroom I’d recommend a clock that uses lit up numbers for light instead of a lit LCD screen such as this model http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-AM-FM-MP3-CD-Clock-Radio/sem/rpsm/oid/209114/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do?cc\_fm=Similar+Items+Mod  I don’t know how the speakers on this alarm clock compare to the clock I have, but you can go to Circuit City if there is one nearby to hear the difference.  $30 cheaper as well.

Lit up numbers don’t brighten up the room like a lit LCD screen does.

Message Edited by Rocker7 on 01-07-2009 03:46 PM

Try altec lansing im413.  It docks, plays and charges your fuze.  The sound quality is good too. 

I cannot find “altec lansing im413” anywhere.  It seems to be out of stock everywhere.  Plus the suggestion was almost a year old.  Are there any newer docking stations that will work?

Anything that is Universal (That will plug into your Headphone jack) will work. They seem to have stopped making the Alltec Lansing.

> Anything that is Universal (That will plug into your Headphone jack) will work.

If I understand the description correctly, the beauty of that particular docking station was that it would recharge and play at the same time. 

PedroV wrote:

> Anything that is Universal (That will plug into your Headphone jack) will work.

If I understand the description correctly, the beauty of that particular docking station was that it would recharge and play at the same time. 

Right the Altec Lansing would but they are almost impossible to find (your best bet may be to look at e-bay) so you may be reduced to a universal dock.