DLO Action Jacket Case and Armband @ Best Buy

Saw the DLO Action Jacket Case and Armband for the Sansa Clip+ at a Best Buy in Irving, Texas yesterday.  Pretty nice product, but the thing cost $29.99!  I paid twenty bucks more for the Clip+ itself.  The Action Jacket for the original Clip was less than fifteen bucks.  I guess I’ll wait for the price to come down or for silicone cases to appear online.  However, I am enjoying the look of my unadorned Clip+

Thanks for the update–it appears to be the first case out for the Clip+ (and it’s not even listed at the DLO website or at BB’s, as far as I can tell) and you’ve had the first sighting!

DLO makes nice accessories, but its prices are dear (especially hard to take for something as small as the Clip).  BB lists the DLO case for the original Clip at $18–a shame that they placed a price on the plus case for more than $10 over that.

No need for a case for a Clip…it’s light enough to just bounce if you drop it, and mine seemed unscratchable…a case would just make it bigger. I would think the Clip+ would be the same way…or is that wrong?

@marvin_martian wrote:
No need for a case for a Clip…it’s light enough to just bounce if you drop it, and mine seemed unscratchable…a case would just make it bigger. I would think the Clip+ would be the same way…or is that wrong?

First of all, you’re welcome, Mikerman.  Just looking out for my Sansa brothers and sisters!

Secondly, I agree that the Clip really doesn’t need a case, Marvin.  I’ve had my Clip+ for nearly a month and it’s scratch-free.  But, I think it’s great when we find accessories for our Sansa players…but I won’t pay thirty bucks for a case!

Price on the DLO at Best Buy online (although can be ordered online and picked up at a local store with stock) is now down by $10, to $19.99.  Still more than what it should be, but that’s DLO pricing.  Note:  this seems to be an early Thanksgiving Day special, good for Nov. 13 and 14.

Message Edited by Miikerman on 11-13-2009 08:55 AM

Price on the DLO at Best Buy online (although can be ordered online and picked up at a local store with stock) is now down by $10, to $19.99.  Still more than what it should be, but that’s DLO pricing.  Note:  this seems to be an early Thanksgiving Day special, good for Nov. 13 and 14.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Philips±+Action+Jacket+for+Sansa+Clip%2B+MP3+Players±+Black/9529245.p?id=1218119754830&skuId=9529245

“Still more than what it should be”

LOL! The small mp3 player cases should be $5 or less. Do you think they cost more than $1 to make?

Message Edited by JK98 on 11-13-2009 03:01 PM

As I said, that’s DLO pricing.  The silione case can be purchased for the Clip+ at $6-$10 shipped (eBay, Amazon).

Thanks for the pick-up, Mikerman.  Still should be cheaper, but just wait.  Hopefully those silicone cases will start to look better and be better made in the near future, too.