Cruzer v2.0 says all files lost, then takes only 10% of 128gb

I got note of an upgrade for my 128gb Cruzer, which was about 90% full. I opted for that upgrade and still had all my files after it had completed. Then today I opened it and found it EMPTY!  Started re-inputting files and suddenly got notification it was FULL, with only 22 video files completed, 11.85gb, 22%. Properties shows 117gb used.

Any idea what caused me either to delete all those files, or to put them in a different area, leaving me so little room in what I can see that 22% fills it?

More important, any way I can correct the first thing?

Thanks.

Never mind.

Discovered I now have TWO systems on the drive, one with all my supposedly lost files; the other, with the “new” stuff I thought I was putting on as I began to re-load the missing things.

Can I eliminate that second one, so that everything is in one location, and doesn’t involve having to close one to access the other?

May I assume you are referring to the Cruzer’s SecureAccess app?  If so, I suggest you:

1. Backup all your files to the machine’s hard drive.

2. Once your files are backed up, delete ALL files and folders on the Cruzer. 

3. Download the current version of SecureAccess. 

4. Copy the downloaded file to the Cruzer and execute it on the Cruzer.

5. Copy your video files to the Cruzer next to the SecureAccess files. 

Not everything needs to be secure. imo

Thanks. I’ll make that my next major ‘learning curve’ project.

“Never mind. Discovered I now have TWO systems on the drive, one with all my supposedly lost files; the other, with the “new” stuff I thought I was putting on as I began to re-load the missing things.”

Help, please explain. I have what I think is the same issue. I don’t see “two systems” on my drive, or I don’t ubnderstand what you mean by you seeing those two systems on your drive. What was it that you saw? Thanks.