Cruzer Edge 8GB won't show

I bought an 8GB cruzer edge to copy some files from an old computer (windows XP) before I wiped it and gave it away.  I plugged it in and loaded all the files to the flash drive with no problems.  When i plugged it into my Mac (OS X 10.6.8), it worked briefly before i had issues.  I was copying files over and got an error message that the disk had been removed without being ejected.  Now, it won’t mount to my desktop when i plug it in.  I can see it in the system profiler under USB device tree, so the computer recognizes it, but I can’t view/copy any of the files.  Of course, the computer i copied the files from is gone, so I really would like to figure out a way to get the rest of the files off the flash drive.  Below is what shows up in the system profiler.  any help?

Cruzer Edge:

Product ID:    0x556b
  Vendor ID:    0x0781  (SanDisk Corporation)
  Version:     1.03
  Serial Number:    20060164430CF1303975
  Speed:    Up to 480 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer:    SanDisk
  Location ID:    0xfd100000 / 10
  Current Available (mA):    500
  Current Required (mA):    200

hmmmm. 1st time i heard about this issue. you might want to uninstall and reinstall the driver manually. You can do it under device manager.    

I am having the same problem.  PC to Mac, recognized at first, then no device recognition.  The computer detects the presence of the Cruiser Edge, but it doesn’t trigger the Devices on the left side of the iPhoto page.  What can I do to fix this problem?

friend of mine just broke a connector on one of those, and funny thing about these edge sticks is that there is no physical connector. PCB is extended into a connector, so he ended up grabbing same jump drive from the same store he bought the original from. I swapped controller and flash chip to a working PCB to get his data