Converting a movie from a multilingual DVD using SanDisk Converter / German Audio Track

Hi,

is there any possibility to convert a movie from a multilingual DVD to my Sansa Fuze with the German Audio track in mind? Is there any intermediate step required?

best regards

Günther

HomepageI would use a program like Xmedia Recode to remux the file into AVI first. Then, you can select the audio track you want.

Here is the procedure:

At the top of the window, click the DVD/Blu-ray mode button, the socond one to the left. Then, click the open DVD/Blu-Ray button, the first on on the left. In the “Hard-Drive” box, navigat to where you decrypted your dvd (You can not convert an ecrypted dvd, so I hope that you decrypted it before trying to do anything. If you do not have decryption software, try DVD Decryptor. Use the "DVD to DVD option). Change the “format” to avi. Then click the “video” tab. you should notice twoards the bottom it says “video copy”. Check this box. Click the “audio” tab. Make sure that XMedia Recode is set to copy ONLY the track you want. The ones you don’t, set the “mode” to Remove. The one you want, set the mode to “copy”. Then at the top of the window, click the “add Job” button, third to the left. Finally, click the “encode” button, and watch the program do its stuff.

Also, you might be interested to know the XMedia Recode is availible in English or German (homepage is in german).

Some places you can go to download this software:

Homepage (in Geman)

VideoHelp (In English)

Also, Sansa Media Converter has a reputation for not working the way it’s supposed to (I can very from personal experience that this software is extremely lousy). In my signature below, you’ll notice a link for Video4Fuze. Trust me, this software is way better.

1 Like

Hi halonachos117,

thanks for reply. Will try it and give you feedback!

best regards

Günther

Hi halonachos117,

Xmedia Recode runs fine. I’m using AnyDVD for decryption and Video4Fuze to convert the file :slight_smile:

Many thanks!

Best regards

Günther