Control of auto updating of media files from card?

Friend loaned me 2gb Fuze to try out. Put 4g card in with a few uncompressed wav files ripped from cd. Fuze automatically updated media files. This put all his music on my card! Would like to be able to keep internal & card files seperate. Is there a way to do this? Fuze didn’t ask, it just immediately started the transfer. Don’t have his instruction book or software. Not a computer guru so I’m not sure it would even make sense to me. Looking at Fuze as an upgraded slotmusic player (love that little machine).

thanks

barondla (my first post)

@barondla wrote:

Friend loaned me 2gb Fuze to try out. Put 4g card in with a few uncompressed wav files ripped from cd. Fuze automatically updated media files. This put all his music on my card! Would like to be able to keep internal & card files seperate. Is there a way to do this? Fuze didn’t ask, it just immediately started the transfer. Don’t have his instruction book or software. Not a computer guru so I’m not sure it would even make sense to me. Looking at Fuze as an upgraded slotmusic player (love that little machine).

thanks

barondla (my first post)

I’m pretty sure that when you take the card out of the Fuze, the only thing on your card will be what was on it in the first place…so don’t worry:smiley:

Yeah, when it does the update, it’s only rebuilding its internal list of files found. It’s not actually moving anything.

Thanks for the answers. Unfortunately, thats not what happened. His music files are now on my card. This is verified by putting card in my slotmusic player. His Fuze was never hooked to my computer (Fuze was never at my house). When this uSD card is inserted in my computer his music files are there plain to see. When the Fuze was doing the “updating” it took a couple of minutes to finish it.

Borrowed a different Fuze from another friend and put a different card in it. It updated but didn’t add her songs to my card. This update was only a few seconds.

Is there a way to add  Fuze internal memory files to a card? Maybe I did this - not being familiar with the operation of the machine. Strange.

thanks for the help.

barondla

That is odd.  I change out cards all the time and have never had that happen.

Was the Fuze shut off when you put the card in?  I always shut mine off before exchanging cards.  Maybe that’s what happend-- it was still on?

Fuze doesnt copy any files itself. Its not in the firmware.