Questions about Fuze & Memory Cards

I have a 8GB Fuze and I want to extend my memory with a memory card. I have absolutely no knowledge about memory cards so bare with me.

Is it true that I need the Micro SDHC memory card for my Fuze?

What does the adapter do and do I need it?

Do I have to connect the memory card to my computer to put music files on it, or can I just put it in my Fuze and load music on it like I normally would (via Mediamonkey)? 

Thanks in advance.

@f_adams17 wrote:

I have a 8GB Fuze and I want to extend my memory with a memory card. I have absolutely no knowledge about memory cards so bare with me.

Do I have to connect the memory card to my computer to put music files on it, or can I just put it in my Fuze and load music on it like I normally would (via Mediamonkey)? 

Thanks in advance.

Having the option to add a memory card to the fuze is one of the best features it has! Most micro cards come with an adapter upon purchase which is handy to plugin to your computer but leaving the card in is o.k too, it appears as another drive on your computer. I use WMP11 and it picks it up and I can add tunes to it seprately from the Fuzes internal drive. I find it handy so I can keep my favourites on the player and random songs on the memory card. 

@f_adams17 wrote:

Your Fuze will read any SD (up to 2GB) or SDHC (4 - 16GB) card. Basically any micro-sized card will work.

The adaptor(s) that come with many ‘micro’ cards allow you to use the same card in devices that use the larger ‘mini’ & ‘full’ size cards like digital cameras. Some computers (especially laptiops) also have a port for the larger cards, so this adaptor would permit directly connecting the card to the computer to load it up rather than adding/deleting while the card is in the player.

You don’t necessarily need it.

You can load or remove music, videos, & photos while the card is in the Fuze. Just plug it into the computer. It will be recognized as 2 separate drives in MSC mode or internal vs. external memory in MTP mode. But if you have one of the afore-mentioned ports on your computer or a card reader, you can do it this way too.

Thanks in advance.

Have fun! :smiley:

Thank you (to both of you), I just got a 8GB memory card and adaptor for $19.99 plus shipping from Radioshack, I can’t wait to load it up.

@f_adams17 wrote:
Thank you (to both of you), I just got a 8GB memory card and adaptor for $19.99 plus shipping from Radioshack, I can’t wait to load it up.

That’s a good price! One word of catuion though . . . if you plan to use the card for videos, stay away from the Kingston brand. There’s a compatibilty issue. All others seem to be fine.

Of course you can’t go wrong with SanDisk. :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

@f_adams17 wrote:

You can load or remove music, videos, & photos while the card is in the Fuze. Just plug it into the computer. It will be recognized as 2 separate drives in MSC mode or internal vs. external memory in MTP mode. But if you have one of the afore-mentioned ports on your computer or a card reader, you can do it this way too.

Thanks in advance.

Have fun! :smiley:

One thing to remember about loading and unloading the card is to shut the Fuze off.  At least that the last I heard and have done that since.  And I haven’t had any problems with any of my cards.

Oh another thing, some have found formating the card helps but isn’t necessary, so it’s your choice.