Complete Technophobe having problems with daughters Clip+ not playing songs

I recently bought my 9 yr old daughter a Clip+ 8GB samsa clip for Xmas.  I spent the weeks prior downloading all her audio CD’s onto Window Media Player (I believe as WMA files).  Attached clip and sychronised via WMP.  The clip details all the songs on the display screen but some do not play showing the message “sychronise to continue your music subscription”.

Despite checking on net I still cannot find a simple answer to the question!!  My technological knowledge is what you would call “extremely limited” so I need some basic instruction to resolve issue!!

Can anyone help?  Daughter loves the clip+ but is upset that she cannot play some of her favourite tracks due to the detailed error

When ripping CD’s to .wma format, Windows Media Player by default adds “copy protection” (aka DRM muck). This “protects” against un-authorized use or playback on a device.

You need to change the Rip settings in WMP by un-checking the “copy protect” box. But you will still have to re-rip those CD’s.

My advice? Rip in .mp3 format instead; It has none of that confusion or DRM nonsense. I prefer 256kbps bit-rate so you still get excellent sound quality vs. file size, but many are happy with 192kbps or even lower.

When ripping CD’s to .wma format, Windows Media Player by default adds “copy protection” (aka DRM muck). This “protects” against un-authorized use or playback on a device.

You need to change the Rip settings in WMP by un-checking the “copy protect” box. But you will still have to re-rip those CD’s.

My advice? Rip in .mp3 format instead; It has none of that confusion or DRM nonsense. I prefer 256kbps bit-rate so you still get excellent sound quality vs. file size, but many are happy with 192kbps or even lower.

Best to format the player to remove all user-added content and then completely re-load the newly ripped files. And I’d also recommend switching the player’s USB setting to MSC for fewer connection problems. As long as you aren’t using DRM-crippled files you don’t need MTP mode. You can just drag & drop (or copy & paste) your files from the computer to the player. No ‘sync’ needed.