Clip+ won't keep date and time

Does anyone else have this problem? I can set the time and date, but when I check it days later (and the battery has NOT run down all the way at any point in the intervening time), it will be sometime in 2007 - completely different month/day/year and time. And yes, my computer’s time is correct.

Is there a fix for this? It’s not a critical flaw, but it is an annoyance, and if asked for a recommendation I would list it as a “con” for an otherwise good and versatile MP3 player.

Thanks in advance!

There are a lot of new Clip+ owners here, and I haven’t heard _ any _ of them say they’be experienced this phenomenon. My guess is you got a defective unit; something’s wrong with the internal clock chip. I’d return it to where you bought it for an exchange, if possible.

If not, Sandisk should probably replace it under their 1 year warranty.

I would try a system reset (hold the on button down for 15-30 seconds), reset the time/date, and see if it keeps.

Thank you … I’ll try the system reset, and then if that doesn’t work, dig out my receipt.

tis strange though.

Say, as far as I can tell, you have to go through the menu system even to see the time. Is there a way to have it up in the corner or with fewer presses? The way it’s buried so deep, I’m not likely to use it much anyway. 

In all honesty I’ve never actually looked at the clock.  Do many people?  Could be a common problem that no one notices.

Unfortunately, there is no easy time display feature, ay present.  Others have asked as well–it would be a nice (and seemingly easy) addition, and welcome.

Unfortunately, there is no easy time display feature, at present.  Others have asked as well–it would be a nice (and seemingly easy) addition, and welcome.  

Unfortunately, there is no easy time display feature, at present.  Others have asked as well–it would be a nice (and seemingly easy) addition, and welcome.

A clock display would be quite convenient.  In fact, Snoop asked if the Clip+ could have a clock, so that Flav could simplify his wardrobe:

If your Clip+ is not keeping time once powered off, it has a hardware issue. 

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@summerlove wrote:
In all honesty I’ve never actually looked at the clock.  Do many people?  Could be a common problem that no one notices.

I’ve looked at it when I have absolutely nothing else available.  It has always been correct, I’ve never had to reset it.

And yes, display of the clock needs to be much easier.  I would throw away the useless spectrum display screen (middle button) and replace it with the clock.