Clip v2 headphones are a step down from the v1

Anyone else listened to both? I RMA’d a Clip and got back a new one (thanks Sansa!) with different 'phones. The original white earbuds just blow the new guys out of the water, but they wore out months ago. In fact–I’ve never heard regular style earbuds as good as the originals–it was one of the things that sold me on the device–when I listened to it the first time, it blew me away. The v2 phones are terrible–like listening through a block of wood. I doubt earbuds add much to the price of manufacture–Sansa should go back to the original supplier, IMHO. :wink:

Now–it’s cheap enough to purchase some aftermarket stuff–and I had a set of HP ones hangin’ around that sound fantastic…but first impressions are everything. ;) 

I know it sounds silly, but it’s come up in the past:  make sure the headphone plug is fully and firmly plugged in …

Tried that, and cleaned the plug with some contact cleaner. Still an average sounding 'phone. :stuck_out_tongue:

The original had this long hollow shaft that I’m guessing acted like a resonance chamber–and they were really airy like some old Sennheiser “Open Aire” 'phones.

Oh well–I’ll just suffer with these HPs. ;) 

@landotter wrote:

Tried that, and cleaned the plug with some contact cleaner. Still an average sounding 'phone.

Well, I never expect anything better than average when it comes to earbuds that come with any player. I always replace them and treat them just as a bonus stuff in the package. As I don’t have anything better right now, I’m listening to black sansa earbuds when walking to work. Nothing spectacular, but the sound is bearable :wink: