Clip starts only playing first few seconds of a song....

My 8GB clip has worked fine for well over 6 months.  Recently after an hour of use while running, it started only playing 10-15 seconds of a song and then immediately skipping to another.  When this happens any button on the player just skips to the next song.  I can power down but it doesn’t solve the problem.  I updated to the newest firmware and it was working fine for a week or 2 then started up again.  Anyone have any ideas???

You could try, if not recently done:  a system re-set–Clip off, hold the on switch uppermost for 15-20 seconds; a reapplication of the firmware (it could have become corrupted)–see the sticky thread on firmware upgrade at the top of the forum; and/or a reformat, from the Clip’s settings (note:  this will erase your content on the Clip; a reformat sometimes can handle inexplicable issues).

Hi, have a same problem. My Clip just arrived, I uploaded music in it, and it start play only in intro mode. Could not find any switchers to switch it back to normal play mode. Please, help to make it work!!

Thanks in advance!

“Intro mode”? That’s a new one on me. I’d try running ChkDsk on those song files to see if by some chance they got corrupted.

Did you try a system reset?  Hold the on switch, with the Clip off, uppermost for 15-20 seconds.