Clip+ Sound Quality: Original Firmware vs. Rockbox

@jazz wrote:

Well, I’ll be generous and overlook your increasing sarcasm. 

To be clear, lecturing me about things you do not understand is not “being generous”.  It is being ignorant, and a waste of everyone’s time.  I realize most people have no real understanding of how software or hardware work, and I don’t hold that against them, but at the same time if your’e going to tell me about “the weakness of my arguement” or how debug code, I expect you to at least know something about what you are saying.  If you do not understand the topic at the same level I do (and clearly you do not), then please do not presume to lecture me on it.

@jazz wrote:

After all you belong to the (absolutely appreciated and commendable) Rockbox developers. How would I react in your situation?

You should be more concerned with how foolish you have actually acted, not with how much better you might have acted in other circumstances.    

I still stick to everything I’ve stated, save for the thing(s) I’ve taken back. Moreover most of my objections weren’t of a technical kind, so I don’t accept any natural superiority of your standpoint. I’ve never criticized your field of activity or work.