I have read most of the listed threads and found some that pertain to the problems I have expereinced with the Clip (I also have an older version of the Sansa and experience the same issues) and both of my computers’ communication issues. Further more, having read the pertaining threads I have solved those issues, or better yet found a path to clear a way to transfer MP3 files to the Clip and the older Sansa.
What is bothering me is that I would like to find out the following:
1. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between two different computers (although having the same OS [pro XP SP2]) and the Clip reacting differently to the two different computers?
a. An older computer having no issues between MSC and MTP, but:
1. while in MSC being reccognized as a flash drive, but does not list music files when the Clip is in MTP mode
2. while in MTP being recognized as “other”, but does not list music files when the Clip is in MSC mode.
b. Yet a newer computer having MTP issues and no MSC issues.
2. What is precisely the difference between MSC and MTP in the USB communication mode?
3. What does MTP and MSC stand for?
Thanks for any and all info on this thread.