Clip+ not recognizing music on SDHC card

@chaunceyk wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

MSC mode would be my preference.

That’s what I’m using. :-  I just can’t understand why the card is perfectly readable when in the adapter, but not in the Clip+.

I think you’ve spent enough time trying to figure this out with no apparent results. Your player is most likely defective. You should escalate this to SanDisk Tech Support. If they cannot figure it out and the unit is still under warranty, they’ll arrange to have it replaced for you. :wink:

Perhaps I missed it above, but, who is the manufacturer of the microSD card? It also could be a player-card incompatibility (unfortunately). It would be interesting to see if the player acts similarly with another make of card (or any other card, for that matter), if you have one handy.

@miikerman wrote:
Perhaps I missed it above, but, who is the manufacturer of the microSD card? It also could be a player-card incompatibility (unfortunately). It would be interesting to see if the player acts similarly with another make of card (or any other card, for that matter), if you have one handy.

The two trademarked names on the card are Veho & Muvi.

This is the only Micro card I have, I wish I could test your theory so I could know for certain if its the player malfunctioning or just an incompatibility with this particular card.

@tapeworm wrote:

I think you’ve spent enough time trying to figure this out with no apparent results. Your player is most likely defective. You should escalate this to SanDisk Tech Support. If they cannot figure it out and the unit is still under warranty, they’ll arrange to have it replaced for you. :wink:

I figured if it was something simple I just wasn’t aware of, someone here would’ve nailed it.  I appreciate everyone’s attempts to help.  Thank you all.

I’m not familiar with the Veho & Muvi brands. My guess is, it’s a card issue here.

I was using the same sandisk micro sdhc card i used on my cell phone…In spite of password protection i was also able to write and read from my card and format it when i used it on my laptop, but i couldnt use it on my sandisk…I know that urs might be a new card…but u could see if it is password protected by using a nokia phone… The problem posted seems to be the same problem that i had… The following is what  i did…I put the same card into my nokia cell phone…went to the tools options and then to the utilities option… selected the memory card…then from the options selected the remove password…then removed the password protection from there…you could use any other device also to find this out also if it has similar options…

Ok, here’s the latest. I had bought the Clip+ through Amazon.com, so I contacted them & told them the problem. They’re taking it back & sending a new one. Then I remembered my wife just got a new phone that came with a 16gb Samsung brand MicroSDHC card. So I popped it out of her phone & put it my adapter. Computer reads it just fine, so I put a small number of songs on it, popped it into the Clip+, turned it on, and (pardon my language) but it started going bat**bleep** crazy. Now the Clip+ (whether the card is in it or not) is not recognized by my computer, and whenever I turn the Clip+ on it just continually cycles through the opening scene & (partially) refreshing the content. Its now stuck in some kind of permanent loop every time I turn it on. So yeah, now I’m really starting to think it was just a problem with the Clip+ & its internal card-reader all along.

Hi. I have the similar problem with my Clip+ and my Sandisk microSD 2GB card.I have discovered that the sd card will show its files if there are only 25 music files or less loaded to the sansa clip itself. if I load more than 25 then the sd card shows empty.My firmware version is the newest V01.02.15P.
Perhaps Sandisk must make a new firmware to solve the problem.

@konstelos wrote:

Hi. I have the similar problem with my Clip+ and my Sandisk microSD 2GB card.I have discovered that the sd card will show its files if there are only 25 music files or less loaded to the sansa clip itself. if I load more than 25 then the sd card shows empty.My firmware version is the newest V01.02.15P.
Perhaps Sandisk must make a new firmware to solve the problem.

It’s not the firmware that’s not working right.  It’s either your clip+ or the card that’s defective.  If you have another card, try loading more than 25 songs and see what happens.

If it’s the clip+, you can contact Tech Support about a warranty replacement.  One year in the U.S., two in Europe.  The card also has a warranty, 5 years in the U.S.

http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us

In the U.S. 1-866-726-3475

Just got the replacement from Amazon, turns out it was just a bad device. All is well again in my mp3 universe. Thanks to those who tried to help!

And good for you!   :)    You have to love Amazon’s service.

Hi.

New SanDisk  4gb microSDHC card and all is ok. My Clip+  recognizing all music on SDHC card

Great to hear it was just the card!