Clip+ freezing... reading phantom SD card

Hello,

I recently upgraded to the new firmware, and i’ve encountered a problem.

My clip seems to be reading a card that isn’t there… when it starts up it freezes on the flower logo for a while, and after 5 minutes when it seems like it’s working, nope it’s just frozen on a different “screen”.

When I connect it to the computer with USB, an SD card shows up, which never happened before. I’ve never used an SD card with the Clip yet.

I click it in Windows and, there’s nothing on there obviously. I even formatted it for fun, which didn’t do anything.

It still acts the same.

For the record, after upgrading the firmware (which I wouldn’t have done, if the Sansa Update program hadn’t of notified me automatically),it did work. Not sure what’s going on now.

Assuming there’s something physically wrong… is there a way to disable the card slot?

Help!

Message Edited by jojjy_ugnick on 02-08-2010 04:09 AM

Your computer is seeing the player in MSC mode, whether it’s intentionally set that way, or the Auto-Defect mode has chosen it.

MSC mode allows your computer to see the device as just another flash drive. 2 actually, the player’s internal memeory and the card slot. It sees 2 separate drives, each with their own drive letter (F: & G: for example) whether there’s a card inserted or not.

This is normal. :smiley:

Your computer is seeing the player in MSC mode, whether it’s intentionally set that way, or the Auto-Defect mode has chosen it. MSC mode allows your computer to see the device as just another flash drive. 2 actually, the player’s internal memory and the card slot. It sees 2 separate drives, each with their own drive letter (F: & G: for example) whether there’s a card inserted or not. This is normal.

Your computer is seeing the player in MSC mode, whether it’s intentionally set that way, or the Auto-Defect mode has chosen it. MSC mode allows your computer to see the device as just another flash drive. 2 actually, the player’s internal memory and the card slot. It sees 2 separate drives, each with their own drive letter (F: & G: for example) whether there’s a card inserted or not.

This is normal. :smiley:

I think a bit of a soy bean got in the slot…

I managed to get it out I think, but the contacts must be screwed because when I put a card now in, it freezes. :frowning:

jojjy_ugnick wrote:

I managed to get it out I think, but the contacts must be screwed because when I put a card now in, it freezes. :frowning:

Not THAT’S a new one . . . The Tofu did it! :smileyvery-happy:

Tapeworm wrote:

jojjy_ugnick wrote:

Not THAT’S a new one . . . The Tofu did it! :smileyvery-happy:

I always knew that stuff was up to no good!:wink: