Clip+ changes folder names of MP3 files

Hi,

I have a Clip+. I organize my mp3 files in folders. The main folder is the name of the band. In this folder I put the albums.

Each album is one folder. This folders start with the year of the release of the album. In this folder there are then the mp3 files.

Something like this: ArtistName/2001_FirstAlbum/1.mp3

When I now transfer this folder structure to the clip+ and then unplug the clip+,

the player updates its database. 

And now the problem:

When I try to play music by using the folders then it seems that the player renamed some folders.

some folder look like 313131313123_2001_FirstAlbum.

Other folder are renamed to 453543534_NewFolder.

Does anyone know why this happens???

How can this be avoided???

If I recall correctly, this is a known issue when your player is set to USB MTP mode under its settings.

The remedy:  set the player’s USB mode to MSC.  The only issue with this would be if you use DRM’ed music/files, which generally need MTP mode for file transfer.   

@miikerman wrote:

If I recall correctly, this is a known issue when your player is set to USB MTP mode under its settings.

The remedy:  set the player’s USB mode to MSC.  The only issue with this would be if you use DRM’ed music/files, which generally need MTP mode for file transfer.   

To expound on this a bit, you should probably format your player, then switch to MSC mode (Don’t use the Auto Defect setting) and re-load all the files.

Ok, thank you.

It works now!