Clip+ available in the UK

Sansa was putting out press releases yesterday announcing the UK launch of the Clip+.

I don’t see it on Amazon (UK) or Play.com yet, but it’s now shown on their UK web-site.

A few issues to work out though:

1. They’re not listing prices on the site yet
  2. I just tried the “Add to Cart” link, and got an error page from the site (in Firefox and IE7)

And to add to the confusion, they’re now selling off 2GB e250’s for £25.99 (the cart link fails for those too).

They’re also still selling the old-style Clip from £31 + postage (but the cart links do work for those)

So now I can’t decide what to buy (partly because I can’t see prices for the Clip+); and even if I could decide, I wouldn’t be able to buy yet because online ordering isn’t entirely working.

To Sandisk’s credit though, they’re no longer showing the SlotPlayer on the site…

From the press release, the Clip+ will retail for £37.90, which puts it just below the Fuze, but above the (old) Clip, with the e250 apparently as the “value” option: no FM radio in Europe, but a snazzy colour screen.

I currently have a 1GB Clip v1 without FM radio (got it from Play for £25, but that was before there was a recession on), so 2GB + SD slot on _ something _ would suit me fine.

Decisions, decisions…

Message Edited by njd on 10-07-2009 04:16 PM

Seems to work now.  Not sure whether to buy now or wait for amazon.

Nevermind, they aren’t in stock anyway.  I’ll wait for amazon I guess.

Message Edited by summerlove on 10-07-2009 08:12 PM

Currys and Dixons (part of the same group - Dixons is now online-only) have the new Clip+ listed, Price for the 2GB model is £34.99 (nearly £3 below RRP) including deliver.

The Dixons site claims they’re in stock; but trying to order one from Currys using the reserve/collect feature (which involves checking the stock at your chosen store) reveals that no Currys branch seems so have any in stock.

Curious Product Information though:

LCD Display                  YES         To make it easy to view the menus on your device

Headphones Included    NO

I’m fairly certain the Clip+ will come with a pair of ear-buds; and I’m sure it’s quite difficult to view the menus on a Shuffle or a Zen Stone.

I’ve ordered one from Dixons (and a Fuze as well) and at the final stage where it says there’ll send a receipt by email, there’s an hourglass twirling under the “reference” bit - I’m wondering what the problem is and if it’s related to the Clip+… Has anyone else ordered one from Dixons?

I’m not a fan of the dixons group.  It can take a loooong time to get your order and customer service is not great.  The last time I ordered from them delivery took about 2 weeks for an in stock item.

@njd wrote:

Currys and Dixons (part of the same group - Dixons is now online-only) have the new Clip+ listed, Price for the 2GB model is £34.99 (nearly £3 below RRP) including deliver.

The Dixons site claims they’re in stock; but trying to order one from Currys using the reserve/collect feature (which involves checking the stock at your chosen store) reveals that no Currys branch seems so have any in stock.

Curious Product Information though:

LCD Display                  YES         To make it easy to view the menus on your device

Headphones Included    NO

I’m fairly certain the Clip+ will come with a pair of ear-buds; and I’m sure it’s quite difficult to view the menus on a Shuffle or a Zen Stone.

I’ve just tried the reserve and collect thing on currys - there are some available near where I am (although not in the actual store I can get to d’oh).  £49.99 for the 8gb seems really good, I might try and convince someone to pick one up from another store.

Glad to hear that the Clip+ got to y’all as quickly as it did (just 5-6 weeks after the U.S.).

I am the proud owner of a 8gb clip+ now!! Thanks for the info about currys!

I’m extremely impressed with Dixons right now… I ordered a Clip+ and a Fuze at great prices yesterday at 2pm with free delivery (estimation at 2-3 days) and I got it this morning :smiley: Just plugging it in now :slight_smile:

I don’t know if my order was an anomaly though… it’s the first time I’ve bought from them… :slight_smile: