charging my sansa clip+

How long does it take to charge my clip+?  I haven’t had it that long and this is the first time I have charged it.  how do I know it is fully charged?  I am using a wall charger instead of my computer.  Bought both from Amazon and purchased at the same time so that I would know they would work together.

Fully discharged, about 2-3 hours. I think the screen changes once it finishes charging (been a while since I used the sandisk firmware though so I might be wrong). Usually though it charges fast enough that it’ll be charged by the time you come back for it.

You will not know if it’s fully charged. It’s about approximation and I have gotten used to that. 

@hirsche wrote:

You will not know if it’s fully charged. It’s about approximation and I have gotten used to that. 

Actually, unless I’m misunderstanding you, that’s not the case. 

When the player is charging, one should see a battery animation at the top right of the display, showing a battery icon filling up.  As the battery gets charged, the battery icon shows as being full more and more, until the battery icon shows as totally full.

Also, one can go to the Sytem settings/Info. screen and read a percentage for the amount of the battery charge.

Miikerman wrote:

hirsche wrote:

Actually, unless I’m misunderstanding you, that’s not the case. 

When the player is charging, one should see a battery animation at the top right of the display, showing a battery icon filling up.  As the battery gets charged, the battery icon shows as being full more and more, until the battery icon shows as totally full.

This is true.

@miikerman wrote:

Also, one can go to the Sytem settings/Info. screen and read a percentage for the amount of the battery charge.

But one has to disconnect from the charger or computer in order to do this. :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

But one has to disconnect from the charger or computer in order to do this. :wink:

Not quite the case with mine:

Yes, if charging from a computer; but if charging from an AC charger (the original poster’s situation), one simply can operate the player as if in regular (non-connected) play, including going to System settings and checking the battery charge percentage under the Info. screen.   ;)  

@miikerman wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

Not quite the case with mine:

Yes, if charging from a computer; but if charging from an AC charger (the original poster’s situation), one simply can operate the player as if in regular (non-connected) play, including going to System settings and checking the battery charge percentage under the Info. screen.   ;)  

Yep, you’re right. Forgot the players act differently when connected to an AC charger, vs. a computer. :flushed: