Cant get 32gb cruzer to work on my smart tv

Hello I recently purchased some 32gb sandisk cruzer flash drives and I cant get them to work with my smart tv. I tried to drag and drop some video files into the flash drive but when I try to open them on my smart tv it wont recognize the files. I can load these  files on a different brand of flash drive and my smart tv will recognize and play them. Does this have anything to do with the format of the sandisk drive or that this drive is password protected and you are putting the files in the sandisk vault part of the flash drive. Can anybody tell me what I have to do to get these flashdrives to work for me.? Any information would be appreciated.thanks Jeff W.

Does this have anything to do with the format of the sandisk drive

No.

or that this drive is password protected and you are putting the files in the sandisk vault part of the flash drive.

Yes.

Can anybody tell me what I have to do to get these flashdrives to work for me.?

Don’t put your movies in the vault.   Use Windows Explorer and put them NEXT to the vault just like you would with other flash drives.  Not everything needs to be password protected.

You shouldn’t be putting them into the vault. Use it as any other drive (without a security vault) and it should work fine. If necessary, and if you don’t intend on using the security feature for anything in the future, you can simply delete those security files & vault.

Hi,
Come across this problem a fair bit, I am not a tech guy just a general user. I have had a lot of problems using sandisk cruzers as flash drives for TVs they just don’t work. My other san disks work fine in high end cameras etc but i think you get what you pay for. Bought a brand new LG 55 OLED and my toshiba stick worked fine but sandisk cruzer doesn’t sux, Happy to discuss

7 yr old thread. Interesting.

What format the usb drive? FAT32, exFAT? USB drive bought new or used? You format the drive before using it? You using the SanDisk SecureAccess app?

Hey, I’m having the exact same problem as the OP. My usb’s format is MS-DOS (FAT32), using it on a mac. It’s brand new and hasn’t been formatted. I tried copy pasting a movie into SecureAccess and when plugged into a tv it couldn’t locate it. Also tried copy pasting straight onto the usb drive without protection and it says “The item “The.Black.Phone.2022.1080p.BluRay.x264.LT.EN+ENSub.-.[ZRM].mkv” can’t be copied because it is too large for the volume’s format.” Should I reformat the usb drive?

The FAT32 format only supports files up to 4 GB in size. For files larger than that you will need to use the exFAT format. The question then becomes does your MAC support exFAT drives.

Your problem may not be the USB drive. The Black Phone 2022 I find on the 'net is only 2.3 GB which will fit on a FAT32 drive.

Thanks for the quick reply despite this post being ancient lol. This particular file was over 4GB so it fit the bill of FAT32 being the culprit, but I tried copy pasting a smaller file (sub-4GB) and it would still give the same prior mentioned error. Anyways, I formatted to exFAT and it worked like a charm. Haven’t used an usb in ages, thanks again for your input!