Can't find files on SanDisk flash drive

I have a SanDisk that I started loading files onto back in 2012, and they are encrypted with SanDisk Secure Access V1. Somehow the Secure Access file got deleted from the disk. I then dragged the encrypted folder with the files to my desktop, it said “copying 3 gig,” took a few minutes, and all I can find is a folder on my desktop labled “My Vaults” with nothing in it. Any help would be most appreciated

Hello, 

in that case i would not mess around the vault since the files are encrypted and if they get corrupted there will be no way to recover them. 

i suggest contacting the support of sandisk so they can send you the link to the version 1 of the software to try recover the vault

here is the link to send your question

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ1ODIwODA3Ny9zaWQvWCpvay1HTG0%3D

Thank for the help.  I contacted them, though now it’s a slightly different problem.

The drive in question is a Cruzer Edge 4GB.  I have another which has Secure Access v1 on it, so I copied that and put it on the first drive.

Now, I can see my files again, but for some reason I can’t open them.  If I click on a Word doc, for example, nothing happens.

Word can not access files within the vault.  Same restriction with other apps.  Use SecureAccess to write the file to a writable media, hard drive or USB drive outside of the vault, then use Word to access the file.

I appreciate the help, Ed.  However, on my other cruzer, when I click a word file, opens.  I’m going to try your advice on the other drive.  Right now I’m on a libarary computer, and it won’t even recognize the drive I’m having issues with.  The other one works fine.

If you are not able to view the files on the flash drive then you can use cmd command.

File:Dos-attrib-s-h-r-s-d.jpg

Where F is the remove able drive. But if this command is not able to show your data then you can use any thired party tool to recover data. I have used a software that worked well, you can use it also.

Visit the link: - http://pendrive.filerestoreprogram.com/