can't charge battery and listen to music at the same time.. (clip+)

when i charge the battery and try to listen to the music at the same time, no sound will come out… but if i unplug the usb from the device, the sound will work… so is this normal or not?

If you’re charging while plugged into a computer yes, this is normal. When a data connection is made/detected, regular player functions are disabled.

If you want to play while charging, you’ll need to use an AC-USB wall charger, or place a wee bit of tape over the center 2 pins on the USB cord to diable the data connection. This however, can be a pain and a really, really small bit of tape.

If you’re charging while plugged into a computer yes, this is normal. When a data connection is made/detected, regular player functions are disabled.

If you want to play while charging, you’ll need to use an AC-USB wall charger.

Other ways to charge while playing is to use a usb battery pack to charge, or to use your pc to charge, but to use a power only cable. A power only cable usually comes with a usb battery pack, however these can be purchased separately.

well, i was trying charge and listen to the music in the car, and it doesn’t work, so do i have a defective product?

I haven’t had that issue with car usage and charging (via a cigarette lighter adapter)–I can play my Clip in that circumstance.  I wonder:  are you hooked up directly to your car stereo via a USB connection, in which case the player may have set up a data + charge connection where the player itself (and as versus through the car stereo), as you know, will not play at the same time as charging?  

Sounds like you need a power only usb cable.

That likely would do it.  Or, charge via a non-car stereo source (e.g. the car’s cigarette lighter socket), and then attach to the car speakers via a cord plugged into the Clip’s headphone port.

i’ve tried power only usb cable plug into cigarette lighter socket… same problem :frowning:

While this subject can be very touchy for most people http://www.eboxsystems.com, my opinion is that there has to be a middle or common ground that we all can find.
I do appreciate that youve added relevant and intelligent commentary here though. Thank you!