Cannot format micro sd, believe me, i tried everything

:smiley:Ā Ā  Hi devangchauhan,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Well, friend reads this page, and you will find the solution.

Luck.

Regards, Alfred.Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  (Google translated)

try this step guide to format your memory card http://www.techcloud7.com/formatting-memory-card.html

try this link

http://www.techcloud7.com/formatting-memory-card.html

My 64GB ultra micro sd developed this problem too, i tried everything and still canā€™t find a solution. Ā It started about 5 monthes ago i was watching a video on my Galaxy note 8.0 and suddenly the the tablet closed everything and said the memory card is corrupted. Ā I couldnā€™t access it until i restarted my note then it started functioning normally. Ā I noticed the problem afterwards when pics and songs disappeared after i moved them into it and things i delete are brought back. Since then Iā€™ve been trying every way possible to format it but nothing worked.

I too wanted to share my story so that nobody else buys it until a solution is found.

I didnā€™t use it that long almost for only a year or less but because i bought it earlier before using it i couldnā€™t use my warranty any more.Ā 

@lovely_r wrote:

I didnā€™t use it that long almost for only a year or less but because i bought it earlier before using it i couldnā€™t use my warranty any more. 

Your card has a 7 year warranty. Are you saying you bought it longer ago than that? I doubt it, since they arenā€™t that old.

Just called Sandisk support, and they said all their products have a 10 year warranty. Ā My replacement will be delivered when they get the bad one returned, which they will collect in the next day or so. Ā Solved!

eventhough this problem is a past few years ago. i just want to share how i fixed my microSD. i encountered all the problems that mentioned here. i tried formatting my micro to a different OSes, bunch of softwares which gve me the same error. then i said to myself i got a rooted htc phone which has an 4EXT recovery on it. i got 3 samsung device that has twrp and i never got my micro to get fix even cwm. so after almost a day banging my head trying to fix it. i inserted my micro to my old htc phone, and went to recovery, at first boot up it gve me an error that my micro sd wonā€™t get mounted. so i just let it boot up and when iā€™m inside the 4ext recovery i pick format sdcard. and it wonā€™t gave me an error. after iā€™m done formatting my micro i put the microsd to an adapter and check it on my linux and the red exclamation point was gone. so try it for yourself guys! 4ext.net goodluck!

I bought the same card. Same issue after about 2 years. Ā They are letting me RMA the card, and will hopefully send me a replacent. Not fun.Ā 

Hi everyone, I am also using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, with a Sandisk 64GB micro sd card. I am facing the same problem as you. After using the camera, the images / videos are not captured. And old images cannot be deleted even though I thought I had successfully deleted it using my phone or computer. Is the micro sd corrupt or my Note 2 has gone cranky? Ā 

Well same thing happened to me. I tried the default SD formatter of a PC but didnā€™t work. I tried EaseUS partition master, SD card Formatter and so many others even Aparted on android. My friend advised me to use a java phone to format it, I put the SD card into the old Nokia C2-00 I had and it worked. I formatted it and started using the card on my phone.

My GoPro Hero 3 black has now done this to 2 of my SanDisk 64gb micro sd xcā€™sā€¦

No longer under warrantyā€¦ I take it niether GoPro or sandisk are gonna address the issue / provide refundsā€¦

My GoPro Hero 3 black has now done this to 2 of my SanDisk 64gb micro sd xcā€™sā€¦

No longer under warrantyā€¦ I take it niether GoPro or sandisk are gonna address the issue / provide refundsā€¦

iā€™ll try non-Sandisk when I go spend mo money on a new cardā€¦hopefully doesnt happen againā€¦ these cards being $50 CAD I hate to have to be buying new ones to replace faulty onesā€¦

This fault seems to be pretty common consideringā€¦ does anyone if SandDisk issued a recall for this faulty product?

Did you try formatting it from your computer? I just found a quick solution that worked for me. Check it from bestmicrosdcard.com

New comment to an old thread but I have no idea what else to do. I have had my microSD card (64 gb) for months now and no problems until recently I turned my phone on and it said my card was corrupted and needs to be formatted. Now every time I try to format it, it starts at 30% formatted and doesnā€™t budge, until I finally get a ā€œfailedā€ message or the request times out. Tried to format on my computer but that doesnā€™t even register that thereā€™s a card inserted? I canā€™t make sense of that. I went to request a replacement but since itā€™s been several months I donā€™t have my receipt anymore and donā€™t remember the date of purchase. So that optionā€™s out and maybe Iā€™m just out that money then?

Hello All

IĀ“m both glad and sad upon seeing this. Seems like a common problem? I have run my 64GB micro-SDXC in my Xperia Z5 without any problems for 1yr+.Ā 

All of a sudden, while in a call the phone froze and was totally unresponsive. I removed the card and phone works fine. However I cannot format the Card? IĀ“ve tried through varios electronics (camera, phone) as well as my Mac and Win 7 Computer. Including the software SD-Formatter.Ā 

Just contacted Sandisk support by mail. WeĀ“ll se what happens.Ā 

Or has anyone found a sollution for this?

Ok, so I recently got a DJI Mavic Pro drone. This Thursday I was flying with it in the morning and filmed some very important footage. I then went to work and spent the day not looking at the footage. I now pulled up the card on my Mac OS X and it was saying that the card is not recognizable by the system. Then tried the switch in different locations, no difference.

Itā€™s showing up on the system as a 30.6mb. And can not be formatted in any way shape or form with anykind of software or using DOS onĀ  Windows computer which I just picked up as most data recovery or SD Format tools are only for Windows.

Well nothing has worked so far. Iā€™ve tried 10+ different software, most of them donā€™t even show the card.

It shows the file system as RAW. Locked/Read only, eventhough thatā€™s not the case. It is an San Disk Ultra 64gb Micro SDXC I 10.

Test disk says no partition found or selected for recovery.

Format on DOS says not having sufficient priviledges, even in administrator mode.

EaseUS Data recovery tool says it has 0mb data.

SDFORMATTER4 says card is write protected and can not format theĀ  card.

My DJI app said it can not compelete a format on this card.

My Olympus OMD camera says it can not recognize the card.

My Canon 6D is also not showing the card any love.

I have been using a MicroSD adapter, Iā€™ve used a card reader, no difference in choise of tools. Iā€™ve also tried a few different adapters if one would be malicious, tested with other SDXC cards and they work flawlessly. Just not this one.

Iā€™ve read countless forum posts, articles and tried everything of my knowledge and what I have learned so far except a Linux computer. I feel like if none of this did it, that might not either and I would just spend 1h installing it and then end up still not getting it to workā€¦

Read this post by a SanDisk member earlier in this thread with no resulsts other than the card is gone. But what why how?!

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/my-sandisk-cruzer-glide-8gb-flash-drive-has-write-protection/m-p/326598#M9167

And then did not find any helpful tools or tips here http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/HELP-how-do-i-reomove-write-protected-message-from-my-16gb-flash/m-p/323924#M8925 or here http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Mobile-memory-professional-cards/32GB-Class-10-Micro-SD-card-unexpectedly-removed-in-Android/m-p/326032#M3291

So what happened once it was ready filming the footage from the drone?

This thread as many others looks like itā€™s been created a long time ago and itā€™s still not solved. Why is this happening?!

you can plug your sdxc card out from your phone, and insert it to a windows-based computer to check if you can format it in Disk Management or Diskpart. If all fails, you can still try a third party tool to force format the SDXC card.

You can try toformatSDcard by using Disk Management
Press Win+R and type ā€œdiskmgmt.mscā€ in the window, a Disk Management window pops up after clicking OK. Right-click the SD card and choose Format, you can choose the file system and tick perform a quick format to let the system format the SD card.

In addition, you can try CMD.

CMD is short for Command Prompt, and the users can type the DOS command to format SD card, simply press Win+R and type ā€œCMDā€ in the window, then a DOS window pops up, and you just need to typeā€ Format F:/q ā€ to perform a quick format.

If the two ways are not available, it may mean that your SD card is corrupted, you can follow these tips:

1. Plug SD card to another USB port.

If the current USB port can make SD card visible on your computer, and try to change to another USB port.

1. Try to another PC or a different operating system.

If you are having Windows PC and cannot detect your SD card, try to connect to a Mac or Linux computer, or change another Windows PC to give a try.

1. Assign a new drive letter

Enter into Disk Management and right-click on your SD card, choose ā€œChange Drive Letter and Pathā€ and assign a new drive letter to make it visible again.

1. Update the USB device driver.

Enter into Device Manager by typingā€ devmgmt.mscā€ in the Win+R window, and then choose ā€œUpdate Driver Softwareā€.

I hope these solutions can help you .And if your data lost due to the currupted SD card, you can use a data recovery software, I think Bitwar is good, you can have a try.

Have a nice day.

Ā I think yourSD card may be corrupted, you can try the following ways:

1.Plug SD card to another USB port.
If the current USB port can make SD card visible on your computer, and try to change to another USB port.
2. Try to another PC or a different operating system.
If you are having Windows PC and cannot detect your SD card, try to connect to a Mac or Linux computer, or change another Windows PC to give a try.
3. Assign a new drive letter
Enter into Disk Management and right-click on your SD card, choose ā€œChange Drive Letter and Pathā€ and assign a new drive letter to make it visible again.
4. Update the USB device driver.
Enter into Device Manager by typingā€ devmgmt.mscā€ in the Win+R window, and then choose ā€œUpdate Driver Softwareā€.

Hope these ways can help you .

If you meet the problem of data loss when you formatting your SD card, you can use a data recovery software, I think Bitwar is good, you can have a try.