CANNOT DELETE ITEMS FROM MY SANSA MP4 ALTHOUGH IT SHOWS THAT IT IS DELETED ON MY COMPUTER

Deleting downloaded music from my computer on my sansa mp4 or recorded music from radio which is on my sansa device.  When I plug my device into my computer it shows me that it was deleted, but when I disconnect my device from my computer my device still shows the same items.  How can that be - if the problem is with the connecting cable it should not be able to download from my computer to my device either - but that it does - H  E  L  L  L  P !  ! 

What Sansa player do you have? New Sansa players have delete option. Check if you can delete your files using the player. But if not. Then it seems that you have a corrupted Sansa player. Backup your data and Format the player.

I have a Sansa e280 media player until now I could delete files or on the device itself but it was easier to do it when it was connected to the computer.  But then it would show what was deleted and would be the case also on the device itself.  Now I cannot do this - it shows up on the computer as deleted but on the device not.  If it would be a fault of the connecting wire it should not allow me to download items from my computer to the device either.  It does not let me delete files on the device itself without computer.

iirc, the e200v1 doesnt have an option to delete files. If you need to delete files then you need to connect it to the computer. If you have deleted files using the computer and it still shows up on the device and it still plays then something is wrong. I suggest that you format it.

Check the firmware version (Settings -> Info)  if its start with 1.xx.xx then you can only delete your files using a pc. Only the firmware version 3.xx.xx has the delete option on the device. JAMIESON is correct format the player. :wink:

How do I format the player?

@rivkazlat wrote:

How do I format the player?

What version of the 200 series do you have?

@jayryl wrote:

Check the firmware version (Settings -> Info)  if its start with 1.xx.xx then you can only delete your files using a pc. Only the firmware version 3.xx.xx has the delete option on the device. JAMIESON is correct format the player. :wink: