I have a non-functional installation of Express Cache 1.3.2 on my Windows 7 professional 32bit. I want to uninstall complete as I wan to go for a real SSD.
- When I start the Expresscache App, It says: “ExpressCache can not launch. Try using the original user account for the first time”. (There is only one account on this machine)
- When I strart “Uninstall” from the start menu / sandisk / expresscache, it fails at the point “removing drivers” with an error code 1603
- When I uninstall ExpressCacheApp manually from the system control, it happens the same.
- When I uninstall ExpressCache (Condusiv) manually from the system control, nothing happens
- When I manually launch the ExpressCache (Condusiv) Install Shield Wizard, which is ExpressCache.msi, using the uninstall option, it says “The wizard was interrupted before ExpressCache could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified”
What I also tried before:
- removed security software
- tried the “ec-win10-cleaunup.exe”. This results in a 0x0000007B bluescreen error on next start. So I must rebuild the “last known functional system”
- made unused drivers visible in the device manager, and set the “Express Cache Storage Filter Driver” service to disabled. Result: 0x0000007B bluescreen error
- removed the ExpressCache App manually by killing all registery keys. Result: Express cache drivers are still active
- removed the ExpressCache drivers by killing all related registery keys. Result: 0x0000007B bluescreen error
- tried to uninstall in safe mode
The point is, I have the two Express Cache drivers deep in my system,
- excfs.sys (ExpressCache File System Filter Driver) file driver
- excsd.sys (ExpressCache Storage Filter Driver) kernel driver
that will not uninstall. Missing these, results in the 0x0000007B bluescreen error.
However, in safe mode excfs is not running.
I tried to manually remove nearly all Express Cache software. So I could re-install new. But the installer fails at the step of “installing drivers”. Sure, the old drivers are still running and can not be overwritten.
Any idea how to perform a complete uninstall or clean re-install and then un-install?