can i listen to music thats on my fuze on windows media player?

okay i just got a sansa fuze 4gb. i want to plug my fuze to my work computer and listen to the music i have in my fuze with windows media player. someone please tell me you can. im going crazy trying to figure it out. thanx.

Yes, you can.

One way of doing it would be to open your Fuze in Windows Explorer and double-clicking on a music file located on the player. Or right-clicking and selecting Play with…

Another way is in WMP itself. In the File menu, click Open, navigate to your Fuze’s folders and open a file from there.

There are other ways I’m sure, but since I tend to use WMP as little as possible, I’m not up on them at the moment.

@funanu wrote:
okay i just got a sansa fuze 4gb. i want to plug my fuze to my work computer and listen to the music i have in my fuze with windows media player. someone please tell me you can. im going crazy trying to figure it out. thanx.

It would be easier to just plug the computer speakers into the Fuze’s headphone jack. My computer speakers are not even plugged into my computer anymore. I use them for my Fuze and Clip either to listen to podcasts or to havesomething to fall asleep to. In that regard I leave them powered off, and use the sleep timer on my players. For computer audio I just use my home stereo.:smiley:

I rarely connect my fuze for listening purposes as I have approximately 2TB of music at my fingertips via an external hard drive… but occasionally I will connect the fuze to my secondary computer for music.  Instead of WMP (which I’m not terribly fond of), I use WinAmp; and it works fine with the fuze as well.

WiMP11 has some seriously weird functions.

If WiMP is open, the Sansa is accessible via the Sync tab.  You cannot stream the file from the player; one must pull the file over, and then it’s playable.

BUT, you can right-click on the same file in Windows Explorer, and THEN WiMP can play it.  Bizarre.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:
I rarely connect my fuze for listening purposes as I have approximately 2TB of music at my fingertips via an external hard drive… but occasionally I will connect the fuze to my secondary computer for music.  Instead of WMP (which I’m not terribly fond of), I use WinAmp; and it works fine with the fuze as well.

How long would it take to play all that without repeats? lol

@marvin_martian wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

Considering that my player & card at present is at about 20GB, and it totals out at over 6 days, I’m guessing around a month!

:dizzy_face:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

I wouldn’t know because I rarely listen to a single song all the way through.  Since my main occupation is that of an audio restorationist, I listen to little snippets of various files over and over, to make sure all the files are free of audio defects after a restoration.