Can Clip plus sync w/ itunes on a Mac and keep playlists?

I have a Clip+.  I went from PC to MAC.  With the mac I can transfer my music from itunes to the clip, but itunes will not copy playlists.

Is there a way to sync itunes w/ the clip so all music comes over and playlists are synced as well?  If not is there another software to use?  Thanks

I have an iMac with Leopard 10.5.8 and it will not sync with iTunes. How are you doing it? iTunes cannot see my Clip+. It only mounts to the desktop. Are you using Snow Leopard?

Not using snow leopard.  OS10

If I understand your original post correctly, you are able to drag and drop, or copy, your music from the iTunes folder to your Clip+. I misread the post the first time. I don’t know of any software for the Mac that will actually sync with anything but an iPod.

Look into programs called VLC and Songbird. When I first got my mac I explored those options but havent looked into them in a while, at the time it seems to me they were working on getting all the capabilities working for Mac 

I have both VLC and Songbird. Even though I’ve had my Mac for 2 years, I am still quite the novice. As far as I can tell, neither one of those software programs will recognize or sync with a Sansa player. My suggestion is to either get an iPod or run Windows on your Mac. I am doing so with both BootCamp and VirtualBox. I have Windows 7RC. I suggest BootCamp over VirtualBox or any other virtualization program. Your best bet is to upgrade to Snow Leopard. It will bring BootCamp up to date, I think. Also, it is only $29. Windows 7RC works very well with my Clip+. I am not willing to purchase Windows myself, as it isn’t that important. I am truly not fond of my Clip+, and will eventually drop the bucks for an iPod Touch. The Clip+ is probably an excellent device for Slot Radio and the FM radio is okay. Nothing else about it impreses me.

Message Edited by wplj42 on 11-21-2009 01:32 PM

Message Edited by wplj42 on 11-21-2009 01:33 PM

I have both VLC and Songbird. I’ve had my iMac for 2 years now, but still fall into the category of a novice. That said, I don’t see either piece of software identifying or syncing with a Sansa player. I have a temporary version of Windows on my Mac, Windows 7 RC. It works rather well in BootCamp. It works okay in VirtualBox as well. It clearly recognizes my Clip+ and would likely work very well with Windows Media Player. So, I would have to suggest getting an iPod, or getting Windows. I cannot speak for Vista or XP. I would suggest making the $29 upgrade to Snow Leopard if you are thinking about running Windows. It should make updates to BootCamp but don’t hold me to that.

I am actually exploring the Wine Release for Mac and trying to configure Media Monkey to work with it. Ill let ya know when/If I figure it out.

Conversionbox wrote:
I am actually exploring the Wine Release for Mac and trying to configure Media Monkey to work with it. Ill let ya know when/If I figure it out.

MediaMonkey 3.2 is out…http://www.mediamonkey.com/news/2009/11/19/mediamonkey-3-2-released-syncs-with-the-latest-phones/

From the site…

Ventis Media is proud to announce a major new release of MediaMonkey. The new version syncs with some of the most popular smartphones, including the iPhone 3GS, Palm Pre, and Android phones, as well as with all of the latest iPods including the iPod Nano 5G, and iPod Touch 3G.  This should prove especially useful to Palm Pre and Android phone owners who are unable to sync their devices with the latest versions of iTunes.

In addition to the new sync capabilities, the new version:

• adds support for new Windows 7 features such as Aeropeek and jumplists
  • automatically monitors directories for changes so that music can be automatically added to the library (in the free version!)
  • includes close to 200 other minor improvements including numerous CD playback / burning fixes and compatibility with the latest version of iTunes

The Win 7 support and folder monitoring in the free version mean that I will definitely keep using MM when I get my Win7 computer next month.:smileyvery-happy:

Marvin_Martian wrote:

Conversionbox wrote:

MediaMonkey 3.2 is out…http://www.mediamonkey.com/news/2009/11/19/mediamonkey-3-2-released-syncs-with-the-latest-phones/

From the site…

Ventis Media is proud to announce a major new release ofMediaMonkey. The new version syncs with some of the most popularsmartphones, including the iPhone 3GS, Palm Pre, and Android phones, aswell as with all of the latest iPods including the iPod Nano 5G, andiPod Touch 3G.  This should prove especially useful to Palm Pre andAndroid phone owners who are unable to sync their devices with thelatest versions of iTunes.

• automatically monitors directories for changes so that music can be automatically added to the library (in the free version!)
  • includes close to 200 other minor improvements including numerous CD playback / burning fixes and compatibility with the latest version of iTunes

The Win 7 support and folder monitoring in the free version mean that I will definitely keep using MM when I get my Win7 computer next month.:smileyvery-happy:

Dude this dont help with people on Macs because even the newest one is an EXE which means WINDOWS 

Conversionbox wrote:

Marvin_Martian wrote:

Conversionbox wrote:

From the site…

Ventis Media is proud to announce a major new release ofMediaMonkey. The new version syncs with some of the most popularsmartphones, including the iPhone 3GS, Palm Pre, and Android phones, aswell as with all of the latest iPods including the iPod Nano 5G, andiPod Touch 3G.  This should prove especially useful to Palm Pre andAndroid phone owners who are unable to sync their devices with thelatest versions of iTunes.

Dude this dont help with people on Macs because even the newest one is an EXE which means WINDOWS 

What about BootCamp, etc? I really only mentioned it because you said you were going to try to make MM work.

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 11-21-2009 10:14 PM

Marvin_Martian wrote:

Conversionbox wrote:

Marvin_Martian wrote:

Conversionbox wrote:

From the site…

What about BootCamp, etc? I really only mentioned it because you said you were going to try to make MM work.

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 11-21-2009 10:14 PM

Oh OOPS I missed about half of the post because I read too fast. My Bad!

My answer to the original post would have to be no. Either get an iPod or run Windows in some fashion. I have tinkered with Windows using BootCamp, VirtualBox, and demos of both VMWare Fusion and Parallels. Ever so briefly, I messed with a demo of CrossOver. All of these options work, but my experience is a glitch of some kind in all of them. joea24, if you still have a PC, keep it! That is probably your best bet. If it is old, snag one of those dirt cheap PCs with Windows 7. Just for giggles, which Mac do you have?

wplj42, I have a 6 month old Mac mini.  I do have a windows laptop that I will end up using for music.  The is no problem adding files from the the mac to the clip, it is just there is no way to create playlists in itunes and move the playlist to the clip. All it does is create duplicate files.  Looks like I will have to stick w/ wmp to do this.  thanks

I have been doing a little digging around and found some information here:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/

Goto the forums section, then Clip/Clip+