Itunes syncing

Can anyone help with syncing my sansa clip to itunes?..I have tried everything and nothing works! Media player is working fine, just want to sync with Itunes to transfer my tunes…Need help please!!

@grayboy wrote:
Can anyone help with syncing my sansa clip to itunes?..I have tried everything and nothing works! Media player is working fine, just want to sync with Itunes to transfer my tunes…Need help please!!

No Nobody can helpyou with this. Mainly because it cannot be done. Itunes will only work with apple products-Sorry. What you can do however is If you have the newest itunes there is an mp3 converter, convert your files to mp3 and then add them to media player. The other option (possibly more reliable) is to burn your itunes music to Cd’s and then use WMP or another program to rip them to your computer, in mp3 or another supported format.

Thank you Conversion Bob…I will try the suggetion for conversion to the media player…Can you assist on how to get started?

Grayboy

The only help I can be at this point is to tell you to open itunes and hit F1 for the help documents. I dont use iTunes as I have hated it since it was introduced, something about ACC file extentions makes me very mad for some reason. My sister however is an iTunes user and she has converted some files for me. If I need something and my sis is not avaliable, I go over and burn to a cd and then rip.

@conversionbox wrote:

@grayboy wrote:

No Nobody can helpyou with this. Mainly because it cannot be done. Itunes will only work with apple products-Sorry. What you can do however is If you have the newest itunes there is an mp3 converter, convert your files to mp3 and then add them to media player. The other option (possibly more reliable) is to burn your itunes music to Cd’s and then use WMP or another program to rip them to your computer, in mp3 or another supported format.

Burning aac files to cd and then ripping them to mp3 is probably the worse thing you can do from a quality point of view.   You’ll be converting  aac -> wav, then wav -> mp3.  Thats like photocopying a photocopy on a 1989 Xerox copier.  Just save yourself some time and convert aac directly to mp3.

You can’t sync the Clip to Itunes but you can sync iTunes to WMP. There’s a free program called MusicBridge that syncs them. I use iTunes to organize my music, create playlists, etc. Then, I just sync to WMP and go. Maybe not exactly what your’re looking for but it works.

Yes it is possible to use Itunes to Sync to your Clip. I believe there is more then one software package that can actually do it but what I use it something called Itunes Agent. I’ll make a post soon with step by step details but in a nutshell you put the device into MSC mode, create a playlist on Itunes with what you want to sync, install Itunes Agent, change Itunes Agent settings, then just click Sync Devices on Itunes Agent. Done.

@mesostinky wrote:
Yes it is possible to use Itunes to Sync to your Clip. I believe there is more then one software package that can actually do it but what I use it something called Itunes Agent. I’ll make a post soon with step by step details but in a nutshell you put the device into MSC mode, create a playlist on Itunes with what you want to sync, install Itunes Agent, change Itunes Agent settings, then just click Sync Devices on Itunes Agent. Done.

Actually you are using itunes Agent to sync not itunes itself. I had heard of that but because its not one of the big three or four (WMP, WINAMP, Mediamokey, itunes(itself)) i dont recomend it.

I do think your splitting hairs a bit, but anyway for what it sets out to do it works fine and is easy to setup. There is absolutely no reason to recommend against using it. Especially if your set on using Itunes to manage your music.

I should have mentioned that it applies to MP3 files only which for those who only buy from the Itunes store would definitely be a problem. But if your like a lot of users and have a good amount of MP3 files in your collection this is a viable solution.

@mesostinky wrote:

I do think your splitting hairs a bit, but anyway for what it sets out to do it works fine and is easy to setup. There is absolutely no reason to recommend against using it. Especially if your set on using Itunes to manage your music.

I should have mentioned that it applies to MP3 files only which for those who only buy from the Itunes store would definitely be a problem. But if your like a lot of users and have a good amount of MP3 files in your collection this is a viable solution.

I dont recomend against it. Infact if this is what you want to do then use it. Its simply a matter of prefrence. It is good to know tho that the program works. I have been meaning to try it since I first heard about it but I havent yet. If it works, thats awesome. And Just another thing, if the files are mp3 already any of the programs I recomend will just import your library, and then you sync.