Buzzing when hitting play after pausing on Clip+

Hello, I jus got my Clip+ today, and after loading some ogg vorbis files on to it, I’m already noicing an annoying problem. Frequently when I hit play after pausing a song, there is a short “buzzing” sound that quickly fades out. Is there something wrong with my Clip? I can’t find any other reports of this on the normal firmware.

Any help would be greatly appreciaed.

Definitely not the norm, and I haven’t found that issue with DRM-free MP3 files. A thought: could you try using a tried-and-true MP3 formatted file and see if the same results?

Just tried with some good old MP3s, and I’m getting exactly the same issue. That doesn’t seem to be a good sign.

Try this.

Thanks, I tried what is mentioned in that thread to no avail. I’ve tested with every pair of headphones I have, including the ones that came with the device, and it affects all of them.
Is there anyway to completely wipe the device and reinstall the firmware? 

Nevermind, I figured out how to restore the firmware manually. That didn’t fix the problem, nor did formatting the player’s memory.

And so, an electronics glitch?  Best to return and exchange for a new one with your retailer; if, if that’s not convenient, with SanDisk.

In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us 

And so, an electronics glitch?  Best to return and exchange for a new one with your retailer; or, if that’s not convenient, with SanDisk.

In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us

Yeah, that’s what I intend on doing. I bought it from woot.com recently, and they have a 90 day warranty so I’m going to try going through hat channel. Thanks for all your help everyone!

Cool. The good news is, you discovered this right away, while still under warranty. :slight_smile: Have heard what seems to be a disproportionate amount of issues with Clip players purchased through woot, it seems (more so than refurbs from other sources, it seems–or maybe it just seems that way, due to the volume of woot sales).

Yeah, that seems to be the case. My guess it’s more to do with the sudden volume (600+ units) all being received at the same exact time; many of them are bound to have issues. I’m hoping the RMA process will be smooth! I really like this device and can’t wait to get a fully functioning one.

Depending upon the volume setting, and the sensitivity, you may be hearing the processor “ramping up” the volume (headset amplifier gain) from zero (muted).  This sound is normal, a rapid sound of very short duration (about 250ms or 1/4 second).

The sound is a brief “zzzzt” up to normal gain level.

Bob  :wink: