Broken Screen

I’m really not sure what happened I KNOW i didnt drop it until one day I turned it on and alls I can see is a pure white screen with 1 large black dot and 1 small black dot and the screen looks pixelated. Now there is a small red line going vertically down the screen, I can still listen to it and play music though its hard to find it…I was wondering if there is anything that I can do about this, I just bought it recently at Circuit City for 100 bucks and I cant return it.

Thanks,

Jared.

Call customer service.

Listed in order to try for simple to extreme. If any of the steps work, stop. If not, keep going to the end: 

1. Try resetting it. Press & hold power switch up for approx. 20 seconds. Release & re-start normally.
  2. Re-install firmware manually according to instructions in firmware update post.
  3. Format the player.
  4. If you just bought it recently, why can’t you return it to Circuit City & get another one?
  5. If this is not possible, contact SanDisk Tech Support (1-866-Sandisk). They’ll make you go through the same procedures or maybe have a different trick to try. If nothing works, they can set you up with an RMA# (Returned Merchandise Authorization) and get it replaced for you. This will take some time though, so if #3 is at all possible, that would be better for you.

Can you feel any crack on the outside of the screen? If not you should be able to get customer support to replace it. It will require a call to them and then probably a few photos of the screen while turned on. It may take a few emails but you will should be able to get them to place it.

If you can feel any crack at all on the external sreen you will probably be out of luck.

Sounds to me like a defective LCD Screen. Try what Tape sai first, But If not I would guess its a defect.

Listed in order to try from simple to extreme. If any of the steps work, stop. If not, keep going to the end: 

1. Try resetting it. Press & hold power switch up for approx. 20 seconds. Release & re-start normally.
  2. Re-install firmware manually according to instructions in firmware update post.
  3. Format the player.
  4. If you just bought it recently, why can’t you return it to Circuit City & get another one?
  5. If this is not possible, contact SanDisk Tech Support (1-866-Sandisk). They’ll make you go through the same procedures or maybe have a different trick to try. If nothing works, they can set you up with an RMA# (Returned Merchandise Authorization) and get it replaced for you. This will take some time though, so if #3 is at all possible, that would be better for you.

My 8 gb silver Fuze has this exact same “black inkspot” problem, and I am on the phone to Sandisk right now & they won’t replace it!!! Because it was already a replacement product for my previously defective Sandisk player!!! And it was only shipped to me on 10/31/08 so I received it 2 months ago!!! & it has very very light use - it has never been outside of my house! Sandisk IS JUNK!!! No wonder the economy is tanked, people are sick of spending their money and getting RIPPED OFF BY JUNK MANUFACTURERS. I HATE SANDISK JUNK JUNK JUNK!!!

@loquiter wrote:
Sandisk IS JUNK!!! No wonder the economy is tanked, people are sick of spending their money and getting RIPPED OFF BY JUNK MANUFACTURERS. I HATE SANDISK JUNK JUNK JUNK!!!

Don’t be coy . . . . tell us what you REALLY think.

:smileyvery-happy:

**bleep** you

Saved by the smut filter.  Please don’t taunt eachother, we need to keep it civil for everyone.

µsansa

@microsansa wrote:

Saved by the smut filter.  Please don’t taunt eachother, we need to keep it civil for everyone.

µsansa

Oh come on… are you saying we can’t bait this pathetic losers that just whine whine whine… you would think they come from the Barossa Valley.

I am SO happy to never buy another Sandisk product!! Get a life folks!!

@loquiter wrote:
I am SO happy to never buy another Sandisk product!! Get a life folks!!

Says the guy who came back to the forum after all this time just to post this.  Pot meet kettle.

I’d say, call customer service, sorry, I’m not a techniction.

I see Sandisk’s profits and stock have tanked, so I’ll see whether you company-man-gray-flannel-type-dweebs’ opinions change when you’re out pounding the pavement!

@loquiter wrote:
I see Sandisk’s profits and stock have tanked, so I’ll see whether you company-man-gray-flannel-type-dweebs’ opinions change when you’re out pounding the pavement!

Have you marked your calendar to remind you to come back here every 2 weeks and just bad-mouth SanDisk in hopes to get a rise out of all the fans of the product and company?

After one of your last indiscretions, we were admonished by the new mod not to ‘taunt’ you. Well, nobody did, and yet you’re back . . . with all the eloquence and intelligence of a boil on a bum that needs lancing!

Seems to me you sir, are the ‘taunter’, not the ‘tauntee’. Some might even go as far as calling you a tr*ll. This behavior surely is indicative of that type of person. But, we are supposed to be ‘respectful’ of all who post here, so I’m not calling you that; only suggesting that someone might. But if the bridge fits . . .

Respect is earned, and you with all your negative posts certainly haven’t even come close to earning 1 speck of it here!

So . . .

Ibiza Rhapsody rocks! I hope it lasts more than 2 1/2 months (the life span of my Fuze). Stay tuned, dweebs!