Broken Sansa Fuze???

When I turn on my Sansa Fuze the scrren stays white. I don’t know what to do now. Its been like this for months. The weird thing is you can still listen to music but just can’t see anything on the screen.

How long have you owned the MP3 player? I’ve known that some models of Sansas have been having the same problem as well. Have you tried to do a soft reset? If you don’t know how to do a soft reset, just hold down the home button, and hold the power switch up.

@pringles wrote:
How long have you owned the MP3 player? I’ve known that some models of Sansas have been having the same problem as well. Have you tried to do a soft reset? If you don’t know how to do a soft reset, just hold down the home button, and hold the power switch up.

All you have to do for a soft reset is slide the power switch up and hold it for 15-20 seconds. The home button is irrelevant in this function. I have never heard of holding the home button when you do this.

Well, you might not need to hold down the home button after all…

I have the same problem, so i took it apart and theres an orange slip connecting top part to the bottom of the device which slides out perfectly but doesnt go back in. i also noticed the home button inside the sansa is stuck. any useful tips?

@skullpeng wrote:
  i also noticed the home button inside the sansa is stuck. any useful tips?

have you tried poking the button back up?

Its solid state try taping it on a tabletop.

Maybe this guide & pictures would help . . .

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2008/03/sandisk-sansa-fuze-disassembly.php

Yea I tried the soft reset but that didn’t work also the screen is still all white when u turn it on. The site you gave me is really cool but I’m to scraed to take it apart. So I don’t know what to do now…

My guess is you may have cracked your screen.  I have the same issue.  The crack is hairline, but still enough to white out the screen.  All it took has a small/light impact to break it.

@pringles wrote:

@skullpeng wrote:
  i also noticed the home button inside the sansa is stuck. any useful tips?

have you tried poking the button back up?

well when you take off the front part of the sansa you see that theres a button that the home button on the front part of the sansa pushes down on. i dont think i could POKE it back up but maybe if i use tweezers… i guess i answered my question :P 

I would first look at the flat ribbon connector (the semi-transparent orange plastic ribbon coming out of the LCD screen) and make sure it is inserted properly. You need to release the tabs on both side to allow it to pull out…just be VERY careful pulling or inserting these type of ribbon cables, they can be damaged easily. You have to have both tabs pulled UP to re-insert it fully, and then push them back down so there is contact with the pins.

If the ribbon cable isn’t inserted properly, you’ll generally get a grabbled screen, no picture at all, or just one solid color, as you’re seeing. 

It’s not easily inserting or pulling these type of cables, sometimes I’ll use a jewelers screwdriver or twizers to help.