Big issues (Not enough room for DB, can't see music)

I had a big issue. Appearantly, napster wanted to max out the space on the Fuze. So it did. When I turned it on a couple of hours later, it gave me a message about how there was no room for a Music DB.

I went to move some songs to the SD card, but I found that Windows no longer saw the device as a device. It saw it as a drive.

I was screwed. Just playing around, I turned HOLD on, then unplugged while holding down rewind. It complained about no room, but proceeded to normal operation. Once it synched it’s media. I was able to get to the USB mode settings and put it to MTP.

My question is why/how it got into MSC, and why did it do this at the same time as it thought it ran out of room? 

Try formatting the player using your computer while the player is on MSC mode.

MSC mode:

1. Turn off the player

2. Lock the player

3. Press and hold left button while plugging in

4. Go to “my computer”

5. Right click drive for your Fuze, format the drive

After that, update the Firmware of the player. 

If these will not work…return it to the place of purchase or better yet call 1-866-SANDISK…(1-866-7263475)

@kulas wrote:

Try formatting the player using your computer while the player is on MSC mode.

MSC mode:

1. Turn off the player
  1. Lock the player
  1. Press and hold left button while plugging in
  1. Go to “my computer”
  1. Right click drive for your Fuze, format the drive

After that, update the Firmware of the player. 

If these will not work…return it to the place of purchase or better yet call 1-866-SANDISK…(1-866-7263475)

Dont return it yet, there are more things you can try. Also remember after formatting in windows to use the Fuze on board format function to get the fuze into the right configuration.

No, it’s working just fine. I just want to know how it got that way in the first place.

Any number of reasons. Lots get this from corruption in tags and other get corruptions in the memory, and sometimes you just fill the player too full.