Best way to put Vids on Fuze

Nevermind i found out how to upload videos… and unlike you i will explain how to do it…

1. Take video u wanna upload and convert it to .mp4 (MPEG4) with AnyVideoConverter (www.any-video-converter.com), with this settings: rezolution at 320x240, vid bitrate 384 or close to that and audio 128kbps/44100khz…

2. Now turn on Sansa Media Converter and convert/upload that .mp4 (MPEG4) file and it will work…

in my case i used A-Z Converter instead AnyVideoConverter but there is no difference i think…

note: u must have -K LITE CODEC PACK and - DRIVERX9 (directx9) installed…

Admins this is full working way to upload vids to Sansa Fuze and i didnt found nowhere else full instructions how to do it so u can use this as sticky because i see 99% Sansa Fuze users have same problem…

This is all for Sansa Fuze i dont know will it work for other Sansa products…

cheers…

i found that on a forum

but you can also use wmv format.

i hope this helps some people with their problems, it helped me :wink:

@jubjub wrote:

Nevermind i found out how to upload videos… and unlike you i will explain how to do it…

1. Take video u wanna upload and convert it to .mp4 (MPEG4) with AnyVideoConverter (www.any-video-converter.com), with this settings: rezolution at 320x240, vid bitrate 384 or close to that and audio 128kbps/44100khz…

1. Now turn on Sansa Media Converter and convert/upload that .mp4 (MPEG4) file and it will work…

in my case i used A-Z Converter instead AnyVideoConverter but there is no difference i think…

note: u must have -K LITE CODEC PACK and - DRIVERX9 (directx9) installed…

Admins this is full working way to upload vids to Sansa Fuze and i didnt found nowhere else full instructions how to do it so u can use this as sticky because i see 99% Sansa Fuze users have same problem…

This is all for Sansa Fuze i dont know will it work for other Sansa products…

cheers…

i found that on a forum

but you can also use wmv format.

i hope this helps some people with their problems, it helped me :wink:

I converted four videos to mp4 and it worked…

…and then it stopped working. I have the k-lite codec pack and driverx9 installed. When I was converting my fifth video to mp4 format, it told me that codecs were missing. I uninstalled the k-lite codec pack and reinstalled it and it still says codecs are missing. I tried converting it to all other formats and the problem persists.

Anyone have the same problems?

yea its happened to me,

try wmv format 

or just try dragging and dropping the vid without converting 

but for some vids it wont work for me, 

( I use limewire)

I use an MRE de-crunched and fortified and entrenched in the DMZ.  Then PDQ I lock-n-load, adjust for windage and carnage, ransack the cantankerous files and import the export into the carport.  Looky here, Then I shuck and jive, jump down, turn around, and pick-a-bale-o-cotton.

And presto, the BVDs are SNAFU and I go rent a DVD and play it on a 42" screen. (and have a drink)

( I use lime in my rum)

:neutral_face:

Elegant it ain’t.  Seriously I have spent hours like the rest of you with freeware conversions and very limited (what I’d call) sucess.

Oh well.  I HAVE been sucessful getting Utube into vixy.net converter and out onto AVI and then pipe that thru SMC.

Message Edited by blackdog-sansa on 12-29-2008 09:49 PM

I convert to avi.

“see 99% Sansa Fuze users have same problem…”

well not that much because not all of the users came to this board

and that’s weird you have to do that, SMC worked perfectly fine for me :smiley: except it doesn’t convert flv :neutral_face:

SMC is glitchy and buggie.   It takes forever to convert videos to the Fuze and even then there is no promise the vids will even work.

So this is what I have figured out, SMC works best with very short vids no matter what type or size, only how long they are, best with vids 10 mins or shorter.  And no need to convert vids first.

Rhapsody is much faster and converts vids with better results and doesnt mind large files, however Itunes is using a new file type.m4v I have not seen before and Rhapsody doesnt see it at all.   SMC on the other hand converts it just fine, so go figure.

Well heres what I do 

1. Convert the video using “SUPER” 

the settings I use are 

container-.avi, video-Mpeg-4, audio-mp3 

encoder-MEncoder

Video Scale-220x176 FPS-25 Bitrate-1008

Audio freq-22050 96kbps 

2. Convert and transfer using SMC 

This method works for most video formats inluding .flv files 

@ jubjub Why use a  resolution of 320x240 when the Fuze’s resolution is 220x176 :open_mouth:

Message Edited by codex on 01-01-2009 02:02 AM

I have a few commercial converters that I’ve downloaded from giveawayoftheday.com (every day they offer a different piece of commercial software for free). Maybe its just me, but I’ve yet to have a problem converting video for the Fuze. I haven’t really done a lot of it, though…I got it for music.

On Any DVD Convertor (http://www.any-dvd-converter.com/download/) I’ve adjusted the settings to my tastes : 

On the top pulldown menu : Customized Avi movie

Video size: 224x166 (not full screen but it looks better than the having the video looked stretched)

Video bit rate: 768

Video frame rate: 25

Audio Options:

Audio bitrate: 192 (much better sounding than 128 but larger file size)

Sample rate: 44100

Message Edited by Junebug on 01-01-2009 03:17 PM

Message Edited by Junebug on 01-01-2009 03:19 PM