Battery Shutdown

hey, i’m just wondering what battery percentage your sansa clip closes on. I believe my closes around 10-13%. I believe it was 10% since i had it charging for a couple of minutes. That 10% is about 1-2 hours of music when I neglect to charge it.

takes about 15 minutes to get from 10% to 48% to anybody that cares.

When my Clip’s battery level got to about 30%, it seemed to start losing its power much faster than normal.  It only took about 10 - 15 minutes for it to drop from about 30% to 10%.  It shut down on its own with about 10% of the battery left.

Charging  it back up from being dead seems much quicker than when the battery is at higher levels.  It’s only taken about 10 - 15 minutes to charge from about 10% up to about 50%.

Is this normal?

Other than that, I’ve got at least 10 to 15+ hours of use out of the battery. 

When my Clip’s battery level got to about 30%, it seemed to start losing its power much faster than normal.  It only took about 10 - 15 minutes for it to drop from about 30% to 10%.  It shut down on its own with about 10% of the battery left.

Charging  it back up from being dead seems much quicker than when the battery is at higher levels.  It’s only taken about 10 - 15 minutes to charge from about 10% up to about 50%.  Once it gets back up to around 50%, it seems to get back to its normal “slow” rate of charge.

Is this normal?

When my Clip’s battery level got to about 30%, it seemed to start losing its power much faster than normal.  It only took about 10 - 15 minutes of use for it to drop from about 30% to 10%.  It shut down on its own with about 10% of the battery left.

Charging it back up from being dead seems much quicker than when the battery is at higher levels.  It’s only taken about 10 - 15 minutes to charge from about 10% up to about 50%.  Once the battery’s charge gets up to around 50%, it seems to charge at its normal “slow” rate again.

Is this normal?

When my Clip’s battery level got to about 30%, it seemed to start losing its power much faster than normal.  It only took about 10 - 15 minutes of use for it to drop from about 30% to 10%.  It shut down on its own with about 10% of the battery left.

Charging it back up from being dead seems much quicker than when the battery is at higher levels.  It’s only taken about 10 - 15 minutes to charge from about 10% up to about 50%.  Once the battery’s charge gets up to around 50%, it seems to charge at its normal “slow” rate again.

Is this normal?

Before that, I got at least 10 to 15+ hours of use out of the battery.

Is this normal?

Interesting… When I charge mine from “dead”, it takes about 3 1/2 hrs total. It’s not recommended to do that, though, so don’t let it go that long before charging. I’m not sure what you describe is normal. Do you have the latest firmware?

@jay_dee63 wrote:

Is this normal?

@sasafrass452 wrote:

Interesting… When I charge mine from “dead”, it takes about 3 1/2 hrs total. It’s not recommended to do that, though, so don’t let it go that long before charging. I’m not sure what you describe is normal. Do you have the latest firmware?

To charge mine from dead, it’ll take at least 3 to 4 hours, too.  When I charged it from dead at about 10% up to about 50%, it only took about 15 minutes.  Once it’s charged to about 50%, it’ll take 3 to 4 hours to charge completely.

It does the same thing with version 18 and 20 firmware.  I’m using version 20 right now.

@sasafrass452 wrote:

To charge mine from dead, it’ll take at least 3 to 4 hours, too.  When I charged it from dead at about 10% up to about 50%, it only took about 15 minutes.  Once it’s charged to about 50%, it’ll take 3 to 4 hours to charge completely.

It does the same thing with version 18 and 20 firmware.  I’m using version 20 right now.

Do I have some kind of mutant battery??  :mansad:

@sasafrass452 wrote:

To charge mine from dead, it’ll take at least 3 to 4 hours, too.  When I charged it from dead at about 10% up to about 50%, it only took about 15 minutes.  Once it’s charged to about 50%, it’ll take 3 to 4 hours to charge the rest of the way up to a 100%.

Do I have some kind of mutant battery??  :mansad: