Battery: replacable vs. not replacable

The operating hours of these little guys is nothing short of Plutonium power.  The new batteries are excellent.  My daughters’ Clips still run strong after a year of daily use, and the Fuze battery is larger yet.

Using a little differential calculus…I think the battery will be good for several years at the very least.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

@donp wrote:

I dont have that issue… I have the sansa wall charger and ther car hook up plus who goes anywhere without a comouter? See thats the thing… Why would you buy a product and not the accessories? When i am on the go I put the car charger in, When I am at home work school the park a restarunt I use my laptop, if I cant use that I use the wall charger, and it it gets low enough to need a few hours to charge then I plug it in at night. I like to listen when Im going to bed but… If it needs that much charge It wont make it through the night.

It sounds like you are always carrying at least a handful of accessories so your player can be a quarter inch smaller. And that makes sense how?

If you have a routine that you are always around AC (or auto) power with your charger when you need it then you are ok, at the cost of some of the essence of portability. As I said before, if you get to the point of being flat, you are stuck by that power for a few hours to get a full charge. If I’m on vacation or some trip by plane, access to power when and where convenient isn’t always in the cards.

My Sansa does have the internal battery, so next vacation my solution will probably be to haul a box of standard batteries with a USB socket in the side.

I dont cary anything other than my laptop and my 2 sansa devices the car hookup stays in the car the wall plug stays home. I make sure Im charged before I leave home and IF I get low I use my lappy to charge When I travel I do the same.

Conversionbox wrote: 

I dont cary anything other than my laptop and my 2 sansa devices the car hookup stays in the car the wall plug stays home. I make sure Im charged before I leave home and IF I get low I use my lappy to charge When I travel I do the same.

I’m sure it works for your life style.  When I used to travel a lot with a laptop keeping that charged up was the big hassle.  Unless the USB socket is powered while the computer’s not running, it is capable of charging up a sansa once or twice before it needs to be plugged in itself for a couple of hours.

Not having a replaceable battery cuts costs, not only for the initial design, but also business insurance as well.

When the players are only $50-$100 and designed to last years, why worry?

"When the players are only $50-$100 and designed to last years, why worry? "

It isn’t just the cost of the player. If someone has a player they like and are used to, they want to keep using it, not be forced to learn how to use a new player. I also like the idea of giving away an old player when I get a new one, not having to throw it in the trash.

@jk98 wrote:

"When the players are only $50-$100 and designed to last years, why worry? "

It isn’t just the cost of the player. If someone has a player they like and are used to, they want to keep using it, not be forced to learn how to use a new player. I also like the idea of giving away an old player when I get a new one, not having to throw it in the trash.

Agreed 100 percent