Fuze again or nah?

Well i owned a sansa fuze but it got lost… :frowning:

so now im thinking of buying another mp3 but i am undecided between buying an sansa e260 or a fuze because i had a couple of issued with the fuze

first and most annoying of all was how the screen would mess up, freeze, distort, go white,…etc problems which i never had with the e260

another was the little nifty way you could fast forward songs on the e260 with the wheel and not like the fuze which you had to leave the fast forward button pressed which got annoying

and last was the useful record button on the e260 which made recording things on the go easier

so if any of you have also owned both mp3s please leave suggestions as i am opting more for the e260 but im not sure

ps im not interested in the fuze+

Don’t buy an E260. The E260 is very old. The battery deteriorates with time even if the player isn’t used. If you don’t want a Fuze then get a Clip+ or else a player by another maker. Don’t buy an old model with a built in battery.

I’ve had both and like the Fuze better for sound quality. But if you’re leaning toward the E260, that’s what you should get.

Problem is you’re going to have to search high & low and maybe wait quite a while to find a “new” e200 series player. The majority of what’s available now are re-furbs; meaning they were someone else’s problem first and were returned.

Unless you’rew really into the video thing, I’d suggest the Clip+. It’s a nifty little player. :smiley:

Clip + has lower headphone output and, although mine is apparently a minority opinion, I think it has worse sound than the Fuze. Not to mention that navigation is annoying on that little screen.

@black_rectangle wrote:

Clip + has lower headphone output and, although mine is apparently a minority opinion, I think it has worse sound than the Fuze. Not to mention that navigation is annoying on that little screen.

Agreed 100% on all points.:wink:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@black_rectangle wrote:

I disagree on all points,  but I do so agreeably.:wink:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@black_rectangle wrote:

Sorry, but everytime I use one of my Clip or Clip+'s, the experience reminds me of those “valuable prizes” that are found in cereal boxes or cracker jack.  Not that the unit’s  don’t perform exactly as advertised; just not my favored players by a long shot.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@black_rectangle wrote:

Sorry, but everytime I use one of my Clip or Clip+'s, the experience reminds me of those “valuable prizes” that are found in cereal boxes or cracker jack.  Not that the unit’s  don’t perform exactly as advertised; just not my favored players by a long shot.

I might well prefer the Fuze, at least around the house,  if only it had a separate volume control from the scrollwheel (that could also apply to iPods with the clickwheel that they have, too ) .  I would always choose the Clip+ for being active, of course, but around the house, my usage is split about 50/50, Clip+ and Fuze.

I can see why people would like the larger screen of the Fuze, sure…and I think if the Clip+ buttons were proportionately upsized onto the Fuze, that would be a superior control set to the scrollwheel on the original Fuze. However, SanDisk chose to go in another direction, as we all know now.:smiley:

Skip the e260 and skip the Fuze+. A Clip+ or Fuze would be a decent choice. There are also a few inexpensive players by other makers worth considering. I wish Sandisk would come out with some more decent players.

The Slormusic Player, Slotradio Player, and Slotradio To Go player are all disappointing. At least the Fuze and Clip+ are decent.