auto shut off won't

OK simple task but no result.

I just picked up a new e250, not as efficient as the newer units but I liked the replaceable barttery idea a lot. Anyway I was trying to get auto shut off to work and it won’t. Is there some simple trick I am missing? Following the manual I go to settings, choose auto shut off, select how long a delay and hit the center button to select. No good- no shut down. What am I missing?

also, does this unit have a fast forward or reverse scan? Trying to backtrack on an audiobook is a pain!

Hello…anyone there?

1.) This is not a "live-chat’ board. Just because you see people are logged in and may be reading your post, doesn’t mean that any of them know the answer to your question. You have to be patient. 2 hours on Saturday night (one of the slowest nights of the week) is NOT being patient or allowing enough time for a response.

2.) Auto Shut-Off only works when there is no activity occuring on the player, like when the selected track is finished playing, or the unit is on Pause. If you hit ‘Play All’ with a large library, it could mean that it will never shut off until the battery is depleted.

3.) Holding down the left ( |<< ) or right ( >>| ) buttons will fast-forward or rewind. If it’s a v1 model, you should be able to hear the playback while FF’ing. I haven’t used the REW while trying to find a particular place, so I know know whether playback can be heard or not. There is no playback heard during either direction on the v2 models.

1.) This is not a "live-chat’ board. Just because you see people are logged in and may be reading your post, doesn’t mean that any of them know the answer to your question. You have to be patient. 2 hours on Saturday night (one of the slowest nights of the week) is NOT being patient or allowing enough time for a response.

2.) Auto Shut-Off only works when there is no activity occuring on the player, like when the selected track is finished playing, or the unit is on Pause. If you hit ‘Play All’ with a large library, it could mean that it will never shut off until the battery is depleted.

3.) Holding down the left ( |<< ) or right ( >>| ) buttons will fast-forward or rewind. If it’s a v1 model, you should be able to hear the playback while FF’ing. I haven’t used the REW while trying to find a particular place, so I don’t know whether playback can be heard or not. There is no playback heard during either direction on the v2 models.

Thanks for the response.

I’ve done the hold down right and left, but the rate of scan is VERY slow (4 sec jumps) not so good for a 16 hour audio book.

The auto shut on my Clip works like a sleep timer. I take it the 250 does not allow for the same feature.

I’m considering Rockbox for these features which it contains…any advise would be appreciated.

@sansatarium wrote:

Thanks for the response.

I’ve done the hold down right and left, but the rate of scan is VERY slow (4 sec jumps) not so good for a 16 hour audio book.

The auto shut on my Clip works like a sleep timer. I take it the 250 does not allow for the same feature.

I’m considering Rockbox for these features which it contains…any advise would be appreciated.

You correct that the FF & REW are not as fast as they are on either a Fuze or a Clip. They are still current models and this has been improved upon (speeded up) through recent firmware updates. As the ‘E’ series is discontinued, it is no longer supported in this way, so it won’t be getting any better.

Again, the Clip & ‘E’ series are different animals and the auto-off and sleep timer are 2 different functions.

If you have a v1 model, Rockbox may fill your bill. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but check it out. You may like it. It takes a bit of getting used to and there’s what I would call a rather steep learning curve because of all the options it offers; the manual itself is 169 pages long (the last time I checked). If your’s is a v2 model, there’s a beta version, but it’s not been offically released.

Thanks again for the info. I loaded Rockbox and it will take some getting used to indeed (manual is now 197 pages!), but it does have functions that work better in my case. Lots of stuff I don’t need or want, and some I don’t understand even with the manual, but I’ll try it anyway.