Audiobooks, playlists etc...

Are there any docs for the architectures of these file structures?  For example:  what do I need to do to get MP3 audio files to live in Audiobooks and play in order?  Is it something obvious I’m missing ?  Do i need a playlist?   I’m using MSC so do I make a playlist for the Audiobook and put it in the playlist folder or in the Audio book folder or something else?  Thanks a lot !

@coachz wrote:
Are there any docs for the architectures of these file structures? For example: what do I need to do to get MP3 audio files to live in Audiobooks and play in order? Is it something obvious I’m missing ? Do i need a playlist? I’m using MSC so do I make a playlist for the Audiobook and put it in the playlist folder or in the Audio book folder or something else? Thanks a lot !

Any playable file you put in either the Audiobooks or the Podcast folder will be bookmarked on exit, so that the next time you play that file you will be asked if you want to resume from the previous point or start it from the beginning.

Any playable file that has a Genre tag of ‘Audiobook’ or ‘Podcast’ will be treated the same way regardless of where it is, including on the microSD card.

To get a series of files to play in order, I believe you can tag them with the same name and put sequential track numbers in the ‘Track’ tag.

For your own convenience, I would have a seperate folder for each ‘book’, which would presumably be a series of mp3 files; subfolders within the Audiobooks and Podcasts folders will be fine. As long as they share a common name and have sequential track number tags they will play in order.  

Message Edited by Riolist on 05-14-2008 05:58 PM

I had tried to segment my audio book as a subfolder within the Audiobook folder. And when I sync the files from WMP it is in the sequence I desire. Yet, when it comes into the Fuse it does not recognize the individual subfolders. Instead, the files are read as ALL the Chapter Ones first, then ALL of the Chapter Twos next.

Very frustrating. Is that how all MP3 players operate?

JIm

The Fuze sorts by tags. If you want a folder full of podcasts to be together on the player, then you need to give them all the same album tag. If the genre is audiobook they will play in order by track number, if it is podcast, then they will play in reverse order. You can download the free tag editing program mp3Tag

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

which will let you change the album tag for all files in a folder in a single step. It will also let you make the title tag equal to the filename(minus the extension) for all files in a folder in one step. It has many other features as well, such as autonumbering of track numbers.