AudioBook Issue Please Help

I still don’t get how Audiobooks work? How to put wav. files or any other sound format into the Audiobook section? I tried moving the files into the Audiobook folder, but still see [Empty] in my fuze. But they still appear in Recently Added.

what am I doing wrong?

@quickandeasy wrote:

I still don’t get how Audiobooks work? How to put wav. files or any other sound format into the Audiobook section? I tried moving the files into the Audiobook folder, but still see [Empty] in my fuze. But they still appear in Recently Added.

what am I doing wrong?

I put audiobooks on my 8gb card all the time. If they are mp3 audiobooks, you simply drag them to the sync area in WMP. Make sure the audiobook have tags with the genre set to audiobook. They will show up in the music menu under audiobooks.

The audiobook folder on the card is only for Audible audiobooks, which must be upload from the Audible manager. Do not put mp3 audiobooks in this folder, I don’t think they will play from there.

Yep you need to change the genre to Audiobooks (capital,  ‘s’ at the end–has to match what the Fuze says) and it will put them in audiobooks.  You can put them on your card or on the internal memory.  I had one on the internal memory but decided to use a card instead (just my preference).

k thnx to both of ya

mp3 Audiobooks play fine from the Audiobooks folder.

thanks from me too - if it works. I’ve been downloading .wma books from the library for a year with no problem, and while Media Console wants to download them to the music folder, it worked - until today. (I then used Windows Explorer to move the books to the Audiobooks folder on the Fuze).

I can SEE the books in the Audiobooks folder as a sub-folder under Music, via Windows Explorer on my PC, but when I disconnect & try to access via the Fuze, the Audiobook folder’s “empty”.

I will try & figure out this capital “S” thing and will see if I can change the gendre to audiobooks (never had to either before - Media Console managed that).

woodchipperkev wrote:

I can SEE the books in the Audiobooks folder as a sub-folder under Music, via Windows Explorer on my PC, but when I disconnect & try to access via the Fuze, the Audiobook folder’s “empty”.

Your Audiobooks folder should not be  in the Music folder, but rather alongside of it with the other main folders (Recordings, Videos, Playlists, etc.) That’s most likely why the player cannot find it.

woodchipperkev wrote:

Your Audiobooks folder should not be  in the Music folder, but rather alongside of it with the other main folders (Recordings, Videos, Playlists, etc.) That’s most likely why the player cannot find anything and is displaying the <empty> message…