Audiobook Troubles

I just got my Fuze+ (literally 30minutes ago) and i don’t know how to get the audiobooks in the audiobooks section. I’m do have the genre set as audiobook. Is there something i’m missing? 

Ok i answered my own question. Its simple but all the more deadly because of it (not literally of course) You have to put the Audiobooks in the Podcast section. if you use media monkey it will send it to the MUSIC section. all you need to do is move it to the PODCAST section. 

If anyone  else has this problem (presuming you’ve labeled them audiobook in the genre section) this is what you need to do.

DemoBetaTester 

@demobetatester wrote:

Ok i answered my own question. Its simple but all the more deadly because of it (not literally of course) You have to put the Audiobooks in the Podcast section. if you use media monkey it will send it to the MUSIC section. all you need to do is move it to the PODCAST section. 

If anyone  else has this problem (presuming you’ve labeled them audiobook in the genre section) this is what you need to do.

DemoBetaTester 

Why can’t you move them to the Audiobooks folder. Does the Fuze+ not have one?

there is no audiobooks folder on the Fuze+ it is all under Podcasts. 

@drlucky wrote:

there is no audiobooks folder on the Fuze+ it is all under Podcasts. 

I can foresee that being confusing to audiobook fans.

I’d better bookmark your post then . . . I suspect I’ll be linking to it a lot the next few months.

If you put it in the Podcast folder it calls them Podcasts and not Audiobooks. PLEASE THIS IS FRUSTRATING ME!!! What do I need to do. Do i make a folder in podcasts called audiobooks?

it treats podcasts and audiobooks the same. they will both be accessed under the podcast menu. all i can say is just think of audiobooks and podcasts as one and the same.

"there is no audiobooks folder on the Fuze+ it is all under Podcasts. "

Why not??? Imo there should be at least 3 separate areas on the player that keep audio files outside the song database. I don’t  use audiobooks, but play plenty of podcasts and old lectures. I use the audiobooks folder on my Fuze to keep my classical music in, as I don’t want a random movement of a symphony to start playing when I shuffle my songs.

Perhaps this should be reconsidered for future firmware updates?

There is a subfolder (or page according to the manual) in podcasts that is supposed to be for audiobooks, but I cannot get my audiobooks into the subfolder. The tags are correct, but they still show up in audiobooks.

THE STUPID FING MANUEL IS NO HELP!!! I’ve been trying now all day to get them to play in the audiobook page of the podcast section AND THEY DON"T FING SHOW UP. sure i can get them in the podcast section BUT NOT THE AUDIOBOOKS SECTION!!! 

Me I want it in the Audiobook section how do i do that 
Me: or is that only for .aa format 
Sandisk: You are correct. It is only for the .aa (audible) format.

THIS IS A RIP OFF. WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO PAY AUDIBLE FOR AUDIOBOOKS WE ALREADY OWN JUST SO WE CAN HAVE THEM ON OUR FUZE+ THIS IS WRONG

From the Sansa Fuze + Manual

•  Supports the following music file formats: MP3, WMA, secure WMA, FLAC, AAC/M4A (DRM-free iTunes® music files), WAV, and OGG-Vorbis.  In addition, the device supports Audible AND audiobook formats

From a chat i had with Sandisk Support 

Me: I want it in the Audiobook section how do i do that 
Sandisk Support: You are correct. It is only for the .aa (audible) format.

OK so the Fuze+ Supports other audiobook formats then audible but they won’t play under the audiobook section. I just want to know why can we have our audiobooks in the audiobooks section even if there not audible audiobooks.

Can someone explain this to me? 

DBT

I guess Sandisk should rename that folder Audible, and have a separate folder named Audiobooks for all other Audiobooks. I guess it might feel like something is not working right to no have Audiobooks in the folder called Audiobooks and to have then in the podcast folder. Besides which, if someone has both audiobooks and podcasts, they will want to keep these separate. I also suggest there be a third separate place for putting classical music so it won’t be in song lists or in the music database.

@demobetatester wrote:

From the Sansa Fuze + Manual

•  Supports the following music file formats: MP3, WMA, secure WMA, FLAC, AAC/M4A (DRM-free iTunes® music files), WAV, and OGG-Vorbis.  In addition, the device supports Audible AND audiobook formats

From a chat i had with Sandisk Support 

Me: I want it in the Audiobook section how do i do that 
Sandisk Support: You are correct. It is only for the .aa (audible) format.

OK so the Fuze+ Supports other audiobook formats then audible but they won’t play under the audiobook section. I just want to know why can we have our audiobooks in the audiobooks section even if there not audible audiobooks.

Can someone explain this to me? 

DBT

I really don’t see what the big deal is. What’s wrong with them being in the podcast section? You can still play them, can’t you?

I just bought a Zune 8g. I hoped it had fixed design limitation issues discovered in the SANZA (4g). The SANZA (4g) had separate folders for audiobooks and podcasts and was very “audiobook friendly”. Frankly the ease of use with the SANZA (4g) for audiobooks is the reason that I bought the unit. I upgraded to the Zune 8g.

Podcasts and audiobooks are seen by customers in this thread as different. This customer would like to keep them in separate folders just like before.

If I want to have an Audible audiobook then have the format recognised and put the Audible audiobook into the separate Audible audiobook folder BUT restore my separate audiobook folder.

I just noticed that the date of the last post is September 2010.

How do I get a functioning audiobook folder on my new Zune?