Armband Help, Anyone?

I’m in need of some help from you long-time (or short-time) Fuze users: Where can I get an armband and pouch/sleeve to use when I’m running?  Or do I just get one for an iPod and hope it fits?  I’d really like to know, because I just bought my 4GB Fuze and would love to use it while I’m training for my next race.  Thanks for any help that you guys/gals can give me!

This is what I bought at Best Buy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8734836&st=sansa&lp=3&type=product&cp=1&id=1201913282093

Includes the leather sleeve, armband and travel case.  I haven’t used it for running, though. 

There are a ton of silicone cases for the Fuze on Amazon that come with both an armband and a clip:

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&tag=mozilla-20&index=blended&link_code=qs&field-keywords=fuze%20case&sourceid=Mozilla-search

Thanks, CV and SkinJob.  I’ll look into each of the possibilities that the two of you suggested.  Hopefully, I won’t have to order anything, but just go to a store and pick it up.  CV, your one item looks really good, but it’s not available at my local BestBuy.  SkinJob, your list has definite possibilities.  Thanks again!

This is what I have and I really like it. The nice thing about it is that the strap for arm band is removeable and you can have the protective cover on the player all the time.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8728932&st=SanDisk+Sansa+Fuze+&lp=6&type=product&cp=1&id=1201307261436

_ Very Nice! _ :smiley:

But 20 BUCKS? :angry:

Newegg.com has it for 15.99 +S&H

I will get this one, because it appears to be waterproof cuz I sweat like a pig when cycling.

Message Edited by Homee2010 on 08-09-2008 07:53 PM

Finally! I’ve been lamenting the lack of sport cases with screen protection. All the silicone skins on eBay are just open at the screen. This is nice, even for $20-ish (shipping).

Ne

@repair wrote:

This is what I have and I really like it. The nice thing about it is that the strap for arm band is removeable and you can have the protective cover on the player all the time.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8728932&st=SanDisk+Sansa+Fuze+&lp=6&type=product&cp=1&id=1201307261436

I second the vote on the DLO action sleeve.  It’s made of Neoprene rubber (i.e. wet suit material) so it provides good shock protection.  Also, the armband if fully removable.  The only downer to this is trying to turn the unit on and off.  You need a good thumbnail…

Otherwise, nice skin and the built in screen protector is a plus.

Message Edited by p_opus on 08-13-2008 05:58 AM

@silverzero wrote:
Finally! I’ve been lamenting the lack of sport cases with screen protection. All the silicone skins on eBay are just open at the screen. This is nice, even for $20-ish (shipping).

Check my previous post about silicone cases on Amazon.  Many come with case, screen protector, armband and clip. Like this one for $10.

There are also polycarbonate hard cases for $10 if you really want serious protection.

@skinjob wrote:

Check my previous post about silicone cases on Amazon.  Many come with case, screen protector, armband and clip. Like this one for $10.

There are also polycarbonate hard cases for $10 if you really want serious protection.

I guess I should check out the individual screen protectors. I’m not worried about dropping it or anything, just keeping the screen nice while I stow it in my bag or wherever.

Thanks! 

@silverzero wrote:

@skinjob wrote:

I guess I should check out the individual screen protectors. I’m not worried about dropping it or anything, just keeping the screen nice while I stow it in my bag or wherever.

Thanks! 

I ended up buying this $10 kit.  I figure that was a great price for something for my Fuze.

I had previously bought some screen protectors at a store (about 5 for $5, but you can cut them down and reuse the same sheet until it’s pretty much gone).  I’m gald I did.  I also bought a cell phone holder (on clearance) to put it in while listening in my car and the back soft cushion started lifting and scratched the protector. 

Message Edited by Dalaug234 on 08-15-2008 09:23 AM

Yeah I had to stop biting my nails…LOL

I received the $10 kit.  I like the silicone cover a lot.  It’s not too bulky and keeps the player a thinner player.  I found for the on/off switch a click pen not clicked to write, works great in turning it on and off.  Since I use those almost exclusively, they are perfect (my fingernails are weak and it broke the first time I turned it on).  The screen cover proctor was a grid, which didn’t seem like it would work… :confused:  I have others so no biggy.   I couldn’t get the belt clip on, but that’s okay I have other options.  I do like the arm band.  So I think I did pretty well.  And this silicone will protect it well I think.

About the DLO Action Jacket… It doesn’t seem to have an opening for the Home button… Is it designed for Fuze, or is it a generic product?

The silicon jacket I got does not have a hole for the home button, but the home button is easy enough to press with it on.  I’ve never had a problem with it.  Actually the silicon has it kind of distict, if someone was good enough with a razor, they could cut it out to have it open, but as I said, this one isn’t a problem. 

I did end up cutting an opening for my micro card.  Wasn’t hard at all.  Used a pen to outline it and a zacto knife to cut it open.  Didn’t harm the cover at all and I’ve had it for a while, removing and inserting cards as needed.

Got my wife’s and mine here!  http://www.handhelditems.com/sansa-c-4_5319.html   Came with a armband! It was $7.99 plus shipping another $2.85 for me I think…  Fit is fantastic! We got the silicon ones!!  Well worth the money and it has some stick if you put it in your top pocket of forget you set it on the counter or table then walk away! LOL!!! It saved my butt already!! Lets you feel it and helps it not slide off… The clear is as it looks, more white then clear. Smoke looks black to me… Great protection! George

This is the one I got!!  Just make sure you order the one for the FUZE… Have a better look…

http://www.handhelditems.com/sandisk-sansa-fuze-silicone-skin-case-smoke-p-13135.html?osCsid=852389051212c48c21cda8e861ca34a9

Message Edited by George-W on 10-06-2008 04:46 PM