Another Clip+ turning off

Hi,

seems my Clip+ has similar problems already described in other Posts here- yet there is a difference:

My Clip will turn off whenever it is playing the very end of any song.

After that it can’t be restarted for several hours – resetting (pushing power button for ~20s) helps for that at least.

Yet I have not found a way to fix this somewhat funny problem- considering I can listen to music as long as I want, as long as I skip the end of every song… that just makes me think there must have been similar reports before - yet I found none.

I hope someone here can tell me if there is a chance to get this fixed.

General Information:

>I have installed the latest firmware

>There is a cracking sound on the earphones whenever a song starts (and before the player turns off at the end of a song)

[btw please excuse my english, I’m non-native and unpracticed speaker/writer] I’d appreciate your help.

I’d be suspect of the files. What format are they (.mp3, .wma, .flac, .ogg) and where did you get them (ripped from your own CD’s, downloaded from legitimate internet site or p2p ■■■■ file-stealing site)?

The files are either self ripped from my CD Collection or CommonCreative licenced music (mostly Jamendo.com) and have all been working before on my SansaClip (not +).
All of them are mp3s, with ID-tags checked.

There really shouldnt be any problem with the files…

@3rpel wrote:

The files are either self ripped from my CD Collection or CommonCreative licenced music (mostly Jamendo.com) and have all been working before on my SansaClip (not +).
All of them are mp3s, with ID-tags checked.

There really shouldnt be any problem with the files…

Given that information, I agree. I’d try formatting the player (which will delete everything) and re-load. If that doesn’t help, I’d see about getting a warranty replacement.

Well-

Allways annoying to get a broken product.

Thanks for your answers anyway.

Have a nice day all of you out there!

Hopefully, the player is not permanently broken and a reformat will fix matters–it often does.