All menus and songs not showing any text

Today my sansa clip was working fine then it locked up and I held the home and power buttons for a but, jut finally reset but now all my text is gone all the menus and songs don’t show any text at all just the outer icons

Can you try another reset?

And hold just the power switch on the side in the uppermost position for 20 seconds or so.

my power switch is on the top, this is a sansa clip+ 8gb firmware v01.02.15a

when I hold the power switch down for 20 seconds or more the player starts up after 2 seconds of pressing the button and then shuts down because I am still holding the button.

is there a way to reload the firmware?

@cjr71244 wrote:

my power switch is on the top, this is a sansa clip+ 8gb firmware v01.02.15a

when I hold the power switch down for 20 seconds or more the player starts up after 2 seconds of pressing the button and then shuts down because I am still holding the button.

is there a way to reload the firmware?

Yes, the Clip+ does have a different reset procedure than the original Clip. Start with the player on, then hold the power button down for a slow count to 20. Yes, the unit may power off after just a couple seconds, but continue to hold the button down for the full count.

Is there a way to re-load the firmware? Sure, just go to the Sansa Clip+ Firmware Update 01.02.15 post (top post on this board) and follow the manual installation directions.