Actual Solution to M250 "freezing" problem?

Your suppose to print a pre-paid shippig label, not wait for a return envelope. If you call 866sandisk and push 1 for RMA Department, then you can ask them to explain it a bit more. As soon as my rma was approved, I was able to print out the label and get the player sent out

Stenn wrote:
Hey SJPRATT,

Your comment …“…It seems to be an epidemic since my device worked fine for 10 months until this week. They must have mis-calibrated the “planned obsolescence” program to trigger at 10 months instead of 14 months after the warranty expired… :-)”…

…is hilarious !!!  

You’ve got that right…“mis-calibrated the (internal) planned obsolescence program” that Enigma seems to think is a perfectly acceptable way to do business !

Wouldn’t it be nice if these “senior” members actually READ what people report as their symptoms, like “device totally locked up, even after taking out the battery”…before they say "oh, just reformat it in Windows!

Why you care what I think, I will never know. But, since you seem to care…

Its not that I think its an acceptable way to do business. I feel that if you pay 30-50 bucks on a player, and it has a 1 year warranty, and the player works for that entire year (or it fails and the company replaces it) then I feel I have gotten my 30-50 bucks out of it and its time to move on.

I don’t feel its legit to expect such an inexpensive product to last years upon years. If I have not made 50 more dollars throughout the span of the entire year that I am using the player, so I can just buy the exact same player again if I like, then I probably shouldn’t be listening to mp3’s. More like filling out job applications.

What products do you have that cost 50 bucks or less and last longer then a year? Not many I bet.

Message Edited by Enigma on 02-26-2008 07:21 AM

Your suppose to print a pre-paid shippig label, not wait for a return envelope. If you call 866sandisk and push 1 for RMA Department, then you can ask them to explain it a bit more. As soon as my rma was approved, I was able to print out the label and get the player sent out

I was told that yesterday when I telephoned to find out why I hadn’t received the prepaid envelope that I was waiting for. Apparently the first person I spoke to was mistaken. The supervisor I spoke to yesterday emailed me a link to the UPS label, so now all I have to do in theory is box it up and send it back.

What products do you have that cost 50 bucks or less and last longer then a year? Not many I bet.

Pretty much all of them actually, including some quite complex electronic things. The point is that the Sansa failed within its warranty period and SanDisk need to honour their warranty.

ball wrote:

I was told that yesterday when I telephoned to find out why I hadn’t received the prepaid envelope that I was waiting for. Apparently the first person I spoke to was mistaken. The supervisor I spoke to yesterday emailed me a link to the UPS label, so now all I have to do in theory is box it up and send it back.

Pretty much all of them actually, including some quite complex electronic things. The point is that the Sansa failed within its warranty period and SanDisk need to honour their warranty.

I was not referring to your specific instance, anything that fails within warranty should be honored, no question there.

Enigma  do u mean is  better to spend few bucks every year for a new player, better than another one? common is just another bussiness with electronic device…better component… high price…high quality… but high warranty…i have doubt in this. Till SanDisk will be a Premium Brand… will pass a lil bit time…Cheers

Three reasons I would consider buying another Sansa…

1. SanDisk did replace my m250 under the terms of the original warranty
  2. I can simply drag media files to the device and have them play,
    without them having to be converted or “blessed” by special software.
  3. I understand the Clip+ and Fuze both support Ogg/Vorbis.