accidentally deleted shaker's system files and now can't get in...

Hi , sansa community members

I have a problem and il’l thank you if you will help me out .

The other day i wanted to delete some songs from my shaker and accidentally ended up deleting all of it’s content including all the files tht come with the player , and now my pc recognizes it as a storage device (f:)  but when i press on it’s icon on my computer, it says :(Please insert a disk into drive F:  ) = i can’t access it at all .

please help me

daniel .

Do you have the card in the Shaker when you plug it into the computer?  There is no storage on the player itself as all memory comes from the SD card that is inserted into the Shaker. 

Yes, the card is allways inside the player . 

i don’t know what to do ,i tried  a 1000 times and i’ll just say that if the guys at Sandisk didn’t thought about that one ( accidentally deleting all of your players content) , then they skipped a very important problem on the way to developing it .

P.s.  : thanks for being brave enough to answer, it seemed that nobody else was. :smileyvery-happy:

Um…there are NO files that have to be on the card in order for it to work. It sounds like you might have a defective or damaged SD card. Might want to call tech support to get that checked out…

hi… i do have the same problem as u as i accidentally deleted the system file inside the mp3 player…

so do you have any solution to it already?

anyway… i’m using Sansa Express…

If you have a solution, do tell me… thanks… 

This is the Skaker Forum try the other section for questions about “Express”

Do you mean you accidently deleted the firmware? If you do, reset it by holding down the power button for 20 seconds. (ripped that from Yahoo!answers) Not sure if that is a hard reset or not.

Corrupt files for sansa - 

Plug your player in, in MSC mode.Right-click on it

Click “properties”

Click “tools”

Click “Error Checking”

Check both the boxes on the error checking window that pops up, and click start. 

Check if this works for you.

Once i buy some AAA’s i’ll see if i can copy and paste the files you need. I’ll post them once i do, should be done by the end of the day =D

hollisterrocker wrote:

Once i buy some AAA’s i’ll see if i can copy and paste the files you need. I’ll post them once i do, should be done by the end of the day =D

I don’t think there’s any sense of urgency here, given the post you’re replying to is 1 1/2 years old and the poster hasn’t been back since. :stuck_out_tongue: