8gb models availability worldwide?

here in italy it seems *incredibly* hard to find 8 gb models readily available (i ordered one at the only on-line store that enlisted it, as “ordered”, and i’m waiting endless weeks…), it wasn’t so “nearly impossible” a few months ago. i wonder what’s happening.

the weirdest part is that even the smaller models (2gbs an the like) are hard to find even in “off line” stores (and i’ve never seen the 8 gb model in conventional stores).

how’s the availability in your country? is everything as usual? maybe there’s a v3 revision coming this spring?!?

… thanks :slight_smile:

@wxyz wrote:

here in italy it seems *incredibly* hard to find 8 gb models readily available (i ordered one at the only on-line store that enlisted it, as “ordered”, and i’m waiting endless weeks…), it wasn’t so “nearly impossible” a few months ago. i wonder what’s happening.

the weirdest part is that even the smaller models (2gbs an the like) are hard to find even in “off line” stores (and i’ve never seen the 8 gb model in conventional stores).

how’s the availability in your country? is everything as usual? maybe there’s a v3 revision coming this spring?!?

… thanks :slight_smile:

All the 8GB Clips are at Wal-Marts in the US, apparently.

Small to medium capacity Clips are available at U.S. stores and online, but the 8gb Clip only seems available in the U.S. at the SanDisk online store and at Wal-Mart brick-and-morter stores (and not available through Wal-Mart online).  And even then, there does not seem to be a silver 8gb Clip in the U.S.–only black.  It’s a bit bizarre to me. 

Got mine in Ireland two weeks ago. Sixty euros. Great little device.

When I last checked, ebay resellers (“buy-it-now”, not the auctions) had a ton of new ones avail below $60… maybe some will ship to Italy. Funny, I was about to visit Italy with my 8, but probably will cancel.

still plenty available here in england. pcworld are selling them online or instore for £39.99. amazon.co.uk and play.com have them for around £48.