8GB Jam Clip not displaying and sorting Audiobook parts correctly

My 8GB Jam Clip is not displaying and sorting the sections of the audio book correctly. The display cuts the off the book and part, so I can’t see which part of the book is displayed first. I can’t tell part 01 from part 02. The name of the book is “Simon The Fiddler”. When I play the first part displayed, the audio says it is Chapter 13, when it should be chapter 1. I have upgraded the firmware to 1.16. I tried shortening the file names of the parts, but that didn’t help. I tried to upload one of the parts so you could try it, but your website won’t let me upload an MP3 file.

1 Like

I have the exact same issue. I have even gone on my computer and renamed each part of the audiobook to just 1, 2, 3… and it still reverts it back to the shortened book title playing the books completely out of order. I just heard the last part of a book when I should have only been on part 3… so much for guessing the ending.

It seems you have to set up the ids fields in your audiobook file to sort correctly. Go to file properties : detail. Set the # field to the correct book part sequence number. Set the Genre to Audiobook.
Do this for each file and copy them to the player.