4GB Clip+ acts like browse is stuck

If this is a repeat post, I apologize.  I have searched for a while and haven’t found a solution to this problem.

I have a fairly new 4gb clip+ and any time we scroll through the music or choose ‘play all’, it acts like it is stuck browsing (scrolls through everything really fast and won’t stop).  I have tried to restore factory setting from within the player and manually through the computer and it has not worked.  All of the music is still on there and everything.  Does anyone know how I can wipe this thing completely and start over with original factory software?

This is a hardware-related (stuck contact or button) problem. I have an e280 that does the same thing. Return it to your dealer if you’re within their return times window, or contact Sandisk Tech Support directly about getting it replaced under warranty. There’s nothing you can do to fix it yourself.

This sounds like a hardware-related (stuck contact or button) problem. Does it only scroll non-stop when going through your music files, or does it do it through the menus too? I have an e280 that does the same thing. You could return it to your dealer if you’re within their return time window, or contact Sandisk Tech Support directly about getting it replaced under warranty. If this is it, here’s nothing you can do to fix it yourself.

@pam472 wrote:

I have a fairly new 4gb clip+ and any time we scroll through the music or choose ‘play all’, it acts like it is stuck browsing (scrolls through everything really fast and won’t stop).  I have tried to restore factory setting from within the player and manually through the computer and it has not worked.  All of the music is still on there and everything.  Does anyone know how I can wipe this thing completely and start over with original factory software

IF it just scrolls through everything then more likely the format of the songs are not support or it might be due to licensing.

Format the player first by going to Settings > System SEttings and select FORMAT. This should wipe out all files. Then before you reload back all your music, check the file format of the songs first. IF they are AAC, follow this step.

If your songs came from RIP CDs then you might want to try this step first.

Hope this helps :smiley:

When I go to ‘System Settings’ other than date & time and the other basics, my only option is "Reset Factory Settings’.  Once I choose that, it asks me to confirm that I want to restore the factory settings, I choose yes, I asks me to select a language (English), then to select a region (North America), then it just jumps right back to the ‘System Settings’ menu.  I really think that I have a software issue.  Most songs that I transfer end up transferring two versions (like it transferred twice) and neither track will play.  The select ones that only transfer one version will play as normal, as long as I don’t try to scroll.  I really need to figure out a way to wipe it and restore factory software. 

I have tried to do it manually (through my computer), but that didn’t wipe it either.  

“Most songs that I transfer end up transferring two versions (like it transferred twice) and neither track will play” Let me guess. You have a Mac, and your songs are in AAC or some other Apple format that the Fuze doesn’t support.

Format should be one of the options under System Settings, you might just have missed it. If you are using a MAC, this link might help

http://guyscharf.wordpress.com/mp3-on-macintosh/

I’m running windows and using Napster, not Fuze.   

there is definitely no ‘Format’ under system settings.  Believe me, I’ve been through it over a dozen times.  Thanks anyway.

@pam472 wrote:

there is definitely no ‘Format’ under system settings.   Believe me, I’ve been through it over a dozen times.  Thanks anyway.

That’s extremely weird. This option was added from the ‘git-go’ on the Clip+ player when it came out. Are you sure you don’t have an ‘original’ Clip? Does your player have an SD card slot on the side?

One other thought . . . there are many options under Settings > System Settings; more so than will show on the display at 1 time. Are you scrolling down (or up) using the up or down buttons to go through the entire list?